T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There,

I set up a cafepress store but the postage is pretty dam high to OZ.

Is there an Aussie equivalent to cafepress and/or which is the best online store company to go with for these products which will be cheaper postage to OZ.

Cafepress to send to OZ was like 12 Aussie dollars. I can buy a t-shirt for $15 over here. seems crazy?

Cheers guys!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
jamesbustar said:
Is there an Aussie equivalent to cafepress and/or which is the best online store company to go with for these products which will be cheaper postage to OZ.
There isn't an Australian equivalent, and I'm not sure which of the major fullfillment services has the cheapest international postage (PrintMojo says they charge actual postage charges, but they are a different kind of service to CP [screenprinted inventory, paid for up front], which may or may not suit you).

jamesbustar said:
Cafepress to send to OZ was like 12 Aussie dollars.
USD$9 is a pretty common minumum postage charge for a t-shirt being sent from the US to Australia. The actual cost to the seller is lower (and some shops reflect that in what they charge), but it's still a common minimum.

jamesbustar said:
I can buy a t-shirt for $15 over here. seems crazy?
It is a bit crazy. If you mean retail though I'd be very curious as to where you can get a shirt worth buying for $15.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi James, I did the same thing- I set up a CafePress store to sell prints and postcards (I don't really like the quality of their t-shirts) and they wanted to charge me about $20 to send three lots of postcards :( I have checked out the shipping for the other fulfillment services like Spreadshirt and Zazzle and it seems like $11/$12 is the minimum you're going to have to pay for shipping to Australia; however, those sites charge you a flat rate instead of continually adding to it if you buy more than one t-shirt. The fact is, shipping costs from the US suck, and there is no fulfillment service in Australia. I've decided to go with PrintMojo, who charge based on each order, but as Solmu says they are pay up-front, not print-on-demand. Where do you think your main market is going to be? If it's in the US, use a fulfillment service; if it's in Australia, you might need to save up and get a bunch screenprinted locally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts