T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I'm sure like a lot of Newbies we want to get started but have no idea of how, where, how much, and what kind.

Maybe someone can help direct me in the right way...

Ok so heres what I know:

Heat Press - working on getting a 16 X 20

Printing - Here's where I get a little confused. I could get a printer (looking at the Espon 7510) buy Sub ink but need a profile (not sure what a profile is).

Printing - Or I can go to a company (not sure which one) and have them make and print out my design and have them put it on a transfer, which means I don't need a print or software.

Which option do most people do and which would you recommend?

Thank you,

Ricky

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
ICC=INTERNATIONAL COLOR CONSORTIUM ...the standard for color correlation. The, best way if you are set on this biz.. ..outsource your designs until you understand the biz better. Read the threads here

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have a T-Shirt color preference? With sublimation you'll be limited to mostly white or light color fabrics. You'll also be limited to 50/50 (for a vintage look) or 100% poly fabrics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For dark fabrics or 100% cotton you'll want screen printing or to get someone to make your transfers for you. A DTG printer may be an option, but that's pretty expensive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I always go to the bottom line... Say you have the equivalent set up for both heat press and screen printing.. and the knowledge to do both. Aside from all the other factors in specifics for each... Are you making a shirt based on a design you have? Or are people asking you to print shirts for them?.... If you have a shirt YOU designed and want to make that for sale here or there, or to give to friends. I would say invest your learning in heat press. Its FAST, more cost effective for SINGLE multiple colored shirts. Screen printing wouldn't be effective for SINGLE multiple colored shirts for the time involved. Its cheaper to make a website, test the crap out of your shirt designs/business before you go dropping coin on actually printing them and sitting on unwanted designs.
Start small and be smart.
Macparks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.