T-Shirt Forums banner

want to do my own business promotions

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  COEDS 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, i am new to all this, and would love some advice,

I would like to buy a set-up so as i can create all my own promotion T-shirts, plus sign up my own vehicle for my business etc, then use the kit on a hobby basis for the family...or even a business later on

From what i can see a cutter/plotter is something i will need, I am just not sure what i should spend, i have seen some fairly cheap units, i.e the robo cutter, but ofcourse i dont want something which is to poor quality, id rather spend a little extra on somthing which would see me through my initial amateur stage!

i do have a million more questions, but ill start with this,

any help greatly appreciated

#3 ·
I am a amateur as well and I recommend Roland, I bought a kit from imprintables (plotter, heatpress and some extra stuff) it was not that expensive, unsure how much you are willing to spend, but do your research here on the forum there are several post about the different types of machines the people here will help you make the right decision please don't be afraid to ask.

#4 ·
Hi thanks for the advice, so far im looking at the Graphtec Craft Robo pro(aka CE5000-40) or the Roland GX 24.

Im leaning towards the Robo pro, even though its 15", it seems to offer what i am looking for, i.e optical eye, good rep, and lower price. (£800 here in the UK)

or is it worth stumping up the extra for a 24" plotter (im trying to not get to carried away)

Would love to know what people think about that!

Not sure about heat presses, i have seen some quite cheap ones on ebay £200, even combo presses for about £300, would love to know what people think about these cheap heat presses.

ultimately i want to spend upto around £1000

thanks again for all the input

#5 ·
I suggest spend the money on seperate press( the combos don't work real good). I also think the name brand press will give you better service over time. They are built better and have after the sale service. This is something the cheaper ebay press' don't offer. I will add that the Sunie press seems to be a exception to this. I like the Roland GX 24 and if you want the optical eye option(for contour cutting), this is the cutter to buy. The gx 24 has the easiest set up and operation for contour cutting. A member of the forum did a test of several cutters and found the GX24 to be the best. I realize the cost is more for the Roland cutter a name brand press, and the other press you may need for other applications. I want to add you really get what you pay for when it comes to equipment. ... JB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.