T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vinyl Cutting Machines?

I am a general manager of a screen print shop and I am interested in buying a vinyl cutter for signs, banners, and to do our own names for jerseys. Any recommendations on size or which one to buy? VersiCam, Mimaki, any others I should look at?

Thanks!
-508ink

· Registered
445 Posts
Hello Matt!

Are you looking for a Cut Only machine or a Print/Cut machine? You mentioned the Versacamm, which will actually Print and Cut.

Cut only will allow you to do single color jobs or multi color if you layer your vinyl. Print/Cut will allow you to do any number of color combinations. It's the better option because of the versatility, but will be a bit more expensive.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Matt!

Are you looking for a Cut Only machine or a Print/Cut machine? You mentioned the Versacamm, which will actually Print and Cut.

Cut only will allow you to do single color jobs or multi color if you layer your vinyl. Print/Cut will allow you to do any number of color combinations. It's the better option because of the versatility, but will be a bit more expensive.
Hi Adam,

Sorry, we are looking for a print/cut machine.

Regards,
Matt

· Registered
445 Posts
If you're looking for Print/Cut, then I recommend the Versacamm.

There are a lot of reasons I prefer the Versacamm, but the biggest reason is the RIP software that comes with the Roland machines. VersaWorks is far superior to the RasterLink that comes with most of the Mimaki Printers. If you're looking to print and cut, it's a seamless workflow through VersaWorks. You also get a lot of media profiles with VersaWorks and I don't believe any profiles are included with a Mimaki.

· Registered
219 Posts
Epson solvent printer. I have had Roland in the past. Then I bought a Epson GS6000. Man what a difference. With my roland I had to make sure that I had the right profile loaded and used basically name brand material. If I didn't the Roland print looked horrible. The Epson GS6000 though it didn't matter what material I used or what profile I choose it looked great and my customers loved them. I quickly sold my Roland Versacamm and my Soljet Pro3 and stuck with the Epson. I know that the GS6000 has been discontinued but Epson does have a newer model just a different Series. If you do decals as well just buy the graphtec FC-8000 cutter and it will make all your cutting jobs go a lot faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.