T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info about putting my design on vellum for the company that prints my designs. Do I need a specific kind of printer for this? How much is vellum? How hard is it to print on vellum?My screen printer told me that I can avoid art charges (eats into profits!), if I was able to give them the designs color-separated on velum. I know how to make the color separations on my designs and have each color be a separate layer, but I have no idea about the vellum. Any help at all would be great.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Vellum is fairly inexpensive. I would recommend a laser printer for this. If you have a good printer already at home, your initial investment in vellum will pay for itself in what you would shell out in a single set up charge.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin

you can find vellum either at your local craft store or on ebay . .

Diane

·
Registered
249 Posts
Shuffy said:
Comin'OutSwingin

you can find vellum either at your local craft store or on ebay . .

Diane
Diane is right... there are a few auctions on eBay this very moment selling 100 sheets of 8.5 x 11 29lb vellum for $12.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dont understand why they want your art on Vellium.. My self I'd rather make my own transperances then to have you do it... Because that is basically what your doing. Making the transperancies for them.. Why they would require that or an art charge sounds a bit strange to me. I now use both vellium and or Polyester instead of clear for my transperancies.. but to answer your question the best results with vellium or polyester is with a Laser Printer. That and a light spray of toner enhancer makes the best film positives at our shop... Hope this helps..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts