T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've been using the EX 24 now for several years and as I get into longer cuts it is always a mystery. I've added an additional roller, I follow every tip but cutting anything longer than 24" is hit or miss. Is there a more accurate cutter out there in this price range?

Thanks

Frustrated

· Registered
771 Posts
That is not a very far distance to track. Try using the 60° blade and minimize the cut force. Use the absolute minimum force needed to cut the vinyl. Roll out the 4' in advance and make sure the vinyl doesn't move left/right on the cutter. Rotate it cw / ccw and roll it front to back manually until it just wobbles within ±1 mm along the edge as it travels over the 4' distance.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I have said I have tried it all. It wants to walk almost every time regardless what I do. I have changed my cut strip as well. I pull out enough for the cut plus an extra foot or two, line it all up test a few feet manually and when I go to cut it almost always walks off its lines. I have tried setting different positions with the rollers and I just never have confidence that it will stay straight. Maybe something wrong with my settings within greatcut? What should I be setting my accuracy at?

· Registered
781 Posts
Yes you are probably right. Looking at one of those for my next cutter.

Thanks
The 3 top brands in plotters are:
Graphtec
Roland
Summa

Graphtec's are work horses, they would be my recommendation.
Roland plotters are OK, but i would still buy a graphtec (Roland makes great solvent printers!).
Summa would be what i would buy if i was spending other peoples money. They are built to last and have some great features like true tangential cutting. But you do pay more for it, and most people dont need those features.

We use Graphtec plotters and have no problems running a full 50 yard rolls thru the plotter and the tracking is fine.

· Registered
404 Posts

Those measure to crap. I had one that was so loud.
It needed to be grounded because of static issues.
It was 0% accurate.

Get the GCC clipper (ar-24) from imprintables.
It is the same price but of MUCH MUCH better quality.

Or get the expert 24 II for about $500.

2 Great cutters from GCC that will outperform the vinylexpress or a US cutter MH series.

You'll notice the difference when you have a big job due in a few and your cutter just wont cut. You would have wished for a better quality one. I own 2 GCC clippers, 2 Expert 24 LX 1 & 2 1 vinyl express and 3 uscutter mh series 721.

The last 2 dont work and are used for parts.

Anything better than those is the graphtec CE series.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.