T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forums! And to the world of t-shirt selling ;)

First of all, congratulations on getting in there and getting your website up and running. The shirts look great!

After a few minutes plodding around on your site the only issue I had as a user was minor. When browsing your store, because you use a fixed background that contains your "Wandering Whale" logo rather than having this element as part of the store frame, it means that when scrolling the word "Products" gets lost in the black of your "Wandering Whale". I would suggest from a design point of view to have your logo part of the scrolling frame rather than the fixed background. This was at 1280x1024 resolution too, and I imagine the problem would get worse with smaller resolutions.

But really, that issue is so minor, and it's really just an "ironing out" thing. The shirts, the design of the site, I like it all. I like that on the main page of your main site, the first thing I'm drawn to click on is your store, and right away I'm presented with your designs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much for the feedback. I am indeed faced with the above problem and im trying to work out the kinks so the title and words that get blacked out will have a white box.. but yeah im not a coding wiz so it might take some looking into haha.

thank you very much for the nice comments! and thanks for the welcome, this community is huge! kinda overwhelming haha

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Love the first design. Second one is good too, but too played out for me. The polar bear on your website is pretty cool too. The elephant doesn't really do it for me.

This style is very much my speed though.

I think your website needs work, but it's fine to start with and I'm sure you'll get to it in time.

As far as launches go, I think yours is solid. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Also love the wheat design, just lovely.

One note - on your main page you list "apparel design" as one of your services. I'd clarify that a bit. Typically apparel design means fashion design, as in the actual design of the garment and not just the print. I assume you are just designing the print. If you change it to "print design for apparel" that would make more sense.

Also, if you can't find a way to make white boxes around the borders, even if you just lightened your background or made a new one without black it would work just fine.

It would be nice to see an "About Us" page.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the first design. Second one is good too, but too played out for me. The polar bear on your website is pretty cool too. The elephant doesn't really do it for me.

This style is very much my speed though.

I think your website needs work, but it's fine to start with and I'm sure you'll get to it in time.

As far as launches go, I think yours is solid. Good luck with it.
this is true, I am very happy with my starting point and think I have plenty of room to expand! thank you very much for your thoughtful comments! I'm glad my style is your speed :)

I'm not expecting to make record breaking sales, I just love art and this is probably one of the more fun projects I've been working on of late. It helps to have something to balance out the 'everyday design grind'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also love the wheat design, just lovely.

One note - on your main page you list "apparel design" as one of your services. I'd clarify that a bit. Typically apparel design means fashion design, as in the actual design of the garment and not just the print. I assume you are just designing the print. If you change it to "print design for apparel" that would make more sense.

Also, if you can't find a way to make white boxes around the borders, even if you just lightened your background or made a new one without black it would work just fine.

It would be nice to see an "About Us" page.
thanks for the feedback, I will look into what I can do to clarify. I have only been around Tee shirt apparel artists and this has been the standard for most portfolio's.. but It is possible to change it to something like 'T-shirts' or Tee Design.

and just sticking to the basics at the moment, since I really just launched this isnt too much of an 'about' to dictate yet. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts