T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had pretty good prices for t-shirts. They had nice quality silk screened and flock printed t-shirts for between $6 to $11. The problem was that they had only about 2 dozen different designs. I didn't find anything I really liked. They had blank t-shirts for $3.87, so I bought four of those.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think walmart sells fruit of the loom 100% cotton tagless t shirts, about 3.50 per shirt all colors. Im not sure of the weight or line, but I think its a 6.1 oz shirt. Im not impressed with walmart prices, they buy their shirts from overseas suppliers by the million probably.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Why would you even consider cutting Walmart in on your business? Do not purchase retail if you want to make a profit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think you misunderstood my post. I'm wondering, considering Walmart's reputation, what process they use and what the quality is like. I do know that where I live, some people will compare what I charge with what Walmart charges. I need to have a good comeback if someone says they can get them cheaper from Walmart.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think you misunderstood my post. I'm wondering, considering Walmart's reputation, what process they use and what the quality is like. I do know that where I live, some people will compare what I charge with what Walmart charges. I need to have a good comeback if someone says they can get them cheaper from Walmart.
Do not try to compete with Walmart! they will win every time, Walmart buys from printers that they have worn down to a minimal profit and they buy in such a quantity that their cost is much lower for the finished product than you can buy blanks.

The quality they get runs average as they hold tier vendors to very strict return policies and most of the vendors don't want to lose money on returned product.
If you are making a custom product then there is no comparison to anything Walmart has as they do not provide custom order shirts of any kind.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you are making a custom product then there is no comparison to anything Walmart has as they do not provide custom order shirts of any kind.
If you go to their website, you can upload a photo and they will print it on a t-shirt. I call that a custom order. Their 50/50 blend runs $10 for an adult and their 100% cotton runs $16.22.

·
Registered
815 Posts
If you go to their website, you can upload a photo and they will print it on a t-shirt. I call that a custom order. Their 50/50 blend runs $10 for an adult and their 100% cotton runs $16.22.
They are chroma-blasting those and you can do the same if you want make the investment into the equipment.

Again, don't worry about them!
Do what you do best and charge what you are worth!
The bottom line is you can't compete with the evil empire known as Walmart.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Because of the very aggressive way the walmart drives their vendors to deliver at lower cost, some vendors, even large ones have to cut corners and manufacture products at a lower quality to remain in the walnut family of vendors!
Walmart has been responsible for more manufacturing moving to China and it's neighbors than any other company in the world.
Let me point out that walmart has never instructed a company to move their manufacturing abroad, they only suggest it to the vendor as a way to cut manufacturing cost. Thus driving unemployment up as factories close!

On an average product walmart makes 2 times the profit as the company that designed and manufactured it! Sounds wrong to me!

Here are a couple facts that people don,t realize: (pulled out of a Times AP article)
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute.
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
6. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

So if your want quality... don't go to walmart!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Great points so far.

I was watching a special about Walmart and
how they ruin small town America and they
followed a female senior exec around. She
walked into a Walmart store and asked a
line employee if she "Loved Walmart" in
front of the cameras following her around.

What the heck kind of question was that?

Ever look at a pair of shoes sold at Walmart?

Last ya about a year tops.

I buy handmade boots that are made to last
a lifetime and they are still going strong after 20 years.

You want cheaper prices then shop at Walmart.
When the demand for oil by the up and coming
in China increases we will all be paying for those
low prices later on with the high cost of fuel.

Oh wait... we already are paying for that now.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Do you know that Walmart often wholesale goods at a very very low price from developing countries, that is why the goods of Walmart are so cheap.
But if you wholesale goods from developing countires, you can get lower prices than in Walmart.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's very clear to me that over the last 8-10 years, the quality at walmart has completely tanked. It USED to be that you could get decent stuff there. Now there's always this feeling that the product you're getting is "less". Things fall apart faster, don't fit together properly. I "had" to buy an iphone cover there. It was about $20 and it was just two sides that clipped together. It wouldn't even go together properly and it felt like crap. For $20... I buy very little there except occasional groceries and misc stuff.

I will say that I did get some great plastic totes for my shirts. That's about the only good quality thing I've gotten there in a while... Even some of the food seems lower quality... Don't get me started on their steaks that look like someone cut them with a spoon...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts