T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planing on buying a Wacom Intuos for my home office and haven't decide what size to get. At the office i'm using a Intuos3 6x8 (i think this would be the medium size). It's very comfortable to work with but i saw that the larger size is only a bit more and was thinking larger size would be best but from what i've read allot of artists are saying the larger size makes you move your arm more and isn't as comfortable.

Wondering if any forum members have tried both the medium and large size tablets and could comment on their experience using the different sizes.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hi not sure if i can help or not but I have the wacom cintuq 21" drawing tablet and I love it.Id say the bigger the better.size does matter.I dont have any problems with fatigue.I find that the large size allows me to create long free strokes with ease.check this out....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyKoHHkJ6Q[/media]

·
Registered
130 Posts
I totally agree with Leg Cramps. It's a whole lot easier to work on small details in your drawings with a bigger tablet. Rather than zooming in constantly. Go for the bigger size or the Cintiq *drool* if you can afford it.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies! i think i've decided on the wireless Intuose4, it's only available in medium size tho.

I did some searching and found that for my needs the larger size isn't needed and i tend to zoom allot anyway so that part won't really effect me much.

I did consider a Cintiq but the cost isn't warranted for me and the type of work i'm doing. If the Cintiq was an actual computer and not just an input device i could justify the price tag (if i was doing matte paintings or similar work i would definitely get one of these).

Wacom and Apple should team up for an industry ipad, that's really what i want :D

or a wifi enabled wacom tablet that would allow for cloud computing!
so i'll just get an affordable tablet while i wait for my dreams to come true :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
thanks for the replies! i think i've decided on the wireless Intuose4, it's only available in medium size tho.

I did some searching and found that for my needs the larger size isn't needed and i tend to zoom allot anyway so that part won't really effect me much.

I did consider a Cintiq but the cost isn't warranted for me and the type of work i'm doing. If the Cintiq was an actual computer and not just an input device i could justify the price tag (if i was doing matte paintings or similar work i would definitely get one of these).

Wacom and Apple should team up for an industry ipad, that's really what i want :D

or a wifi enabled wacom tablet that would allow for cloud computing!
so i'll just get an affordable tablet while i wait for my dreams to come true :)
I've been shaking down this device for the last couple days and posting my findings in this thread:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphics-design-help/t122577.html

Briefly, it's not as good a drawing surface as a Wacom tablet, but it is a whole computer and the drawing surface is pretty big. It's a whole range of advantages, trade offs, and considerations so I'm not recommending it, but it maybe at least interesting to you based on your comments here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts