T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members.

First I need to say this forum is like haven and people here are really THE BEST! I am getting a lot of informations but I am not sure if all information are right.
Like I said in my introduction I am a volunteer in the red cross Slovenia - City of Piran. As designer my focus is making designs, but is not really helping my cause to help people as i would, so I decided to step up with selling t-shirt and other textile because some times I am getting a lot of t-shirts and other textiles from friends who own shops as donation. And this is the reason why we are starting this project with selling and helping families!
My budget is 1000€ but a few day ago my friend tag with me and he will buy a printer :).
The information I get from this forum for starting our project are:
- HEAT PRESS - I choose GALAXY 38×38
- CUTTER - I choose CAMEO 3
- PRINTER - I choose Epson L1300 A3+ ready for sublimation or pigment ink

Guys now the question, are this equipment ok to start?
For transfer paper I read a lot for stahls, joto, jpss paper but still dont know which to choose!
Guys in advance tank a lot for al answers and advices!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that the L1300 printer will limit your options on ink. You will be stuck with OEM ink, as it is a tank printer. You won't be able to do dye sublimation, which takes special dye sublimation ink (not the dye based ink that comes with the printer). Also, dye based ink is not the best for other transfers like JPSS. For those, you need pigment based ink. You should look at a cartridge type printer, such as the Epson WF-7610 and see if there is a third party ink supplier in your country. Here in the U.S., I use Cobra Ink.

The Cameo 3 is a good cutter, but would probably be a bit slow for higher volume, but good enough to get you started. I am not familiar with the Galaxy heat press. I have a Knight DK20S, which works well for me.
Hey Tank you for the advice. with my friend decided to buy 2 eposon artistan and 2 ciss system (one for sublimination and 1 for pigment ink).
I saw some good report on galaxy from youtube and I can buy here in Slovenia. But I am still loking for heat transfer paper and heat transfer vinyl. I have a lot of distributors in Italy, Austria even iat home, but dont know where to start :D. I think the best it to order some samples and just try it out!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seacookie Kero preso pa boš ti nabavil? in koliko je cena?
Transfer papirje bom nabavljal večinoma v Italiji ali pa nemčiji, saj so poštnine zelo nizke, nekaj pa jih celo sam lahko skočim kupit v padovo ali udine.
Drugače naslednji teden grem v milano, kjer je kar nekaj distributorjev, seacabo in stahls, tak da bom prečekiral tud za papirje.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hej sele zdaj sem vidu, da si napisla. iz katere strani pa boš vzel, kaj lahko pošlješ link?
Za transferje pa ti bom javil naslednji teden, ko bom v Milanu. Za ciss sistem sem videl tud jaz ta cobra sistem in sem že povprašal prijatelja, ki živi v usa naj se pozanima, kolk pride če on pošlje :) Tak, da če bo poceni ti javim pa magari skupaj naročiva.
Aja še neki, kaj ti boš uporabljal sub barve ali pigmentne?

1 - 7 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.