T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! i am new to the biz, and i was wondering, if i were to hire an airbrush artist to do an airbrushed design on a large canvas, then take a digital photo of the design, how authentic would it look on my tee shirt when i transfer the pic into the computer, then print it out on my epson, and heat press the image? the idea is to get the airbrushed look, with regular heat transfer methods. once again, thank you all for a great board!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm sure that could work. However, you'll need to make sure you take a great picture with great lighting if you want it to look good. I think I would have your airbrusher do their thing onto paper that you could then scan. Seams easier (except for size constraints) to me, but I think a canvas photo would work also. Let us know how it works out.

Fred

·
Registered
123 Posts
DesignSource said:
I'm sure that could work. However, you'll need to make sure you take a great picture with great lighting if you want it to look good. I think I would have your airbrusher do their thing onto paper that you could then scan. Seams easier (except for size constraints) to me, but I think a canvas photo would work also. Let us know how it works out.

Fred
I agree this would be a better method, if you do hire an airbrush artist, have him do design on a bristol board. Also have in mind how big you want the design on the shirts, for best results have artist make design bigger than size needed. Because once design is digital, enlaging it will pixelate the art causing detail to become fuzzy.

Try & look for graphic artist that can airbrush in computer. I do it all the time using PhotoShop! This way the art is in the computer already.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow great info! but just for for the record, what is a "bristol board"? also if i get an artirst to do a computer airbrushed design, will the final printed shirt look as ginuine as an actual physicly airbrushed shirt?

·
Registered
123 Posts
mrmagic2713 said:
wow great info! but just for for the record, what is a "bristol board"? also if i get an artirst to do a computer airbrushed design, will the final printed shirt look as ginuine as an actual physicly airbrushed shirt?
Bristol board is an illustration board that is thinner than canvas but is hard & durable. As far as the airbrushed digital design looking as genuine as traditional airbrushing really depends on the color separation of the design. Most airbrush designs are considered "photoreal" because of their realistic look. This calls for good separations made by special plug-ins i.e Spot process & Fast films. Both of which I've used & highly recommend!
If the design is going to be heat transferred then the image should be created at actual size for best results.

Narc72

1 - 5 of 5 Posts