T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a DTG kiosk 3 and I completely disagree that they are more reliable than the Viper.

Another factor to look at is the reputation of the distributor. At the end of the day it is only those people that can fix things.

I overlooked this factor and I have had major problems with them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,

I have had my K3 for a while now and it is easy as pie to use. And quick to use. Apart from the odd operater error its been great.
What sort of problems you had with yours scotney 86?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Kiosk 3 is has very simple construction and 99% of the errors in my case were user related. Viper is a little over-enginered. Look what the competition offers on the 48xx engine - very simple designs, especially on the ink delivery system.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ive had various problems throughout the year but only really 1 issue with the printer.

All other problems are/were from the supplier.

As i mentioned, i overlooked doing research on the supplier. It came back and bit me on the ***. Big Time

·
Registered
1 Posts
You won't go wrong with getting the Viper, I have been using one for over a year now and it does an amazing job! All you have to do is the daily and weekly cleanings on her and she will peer like a kitten.
Make sure you go to the factory training class.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fixing to purchase DTG Viper any comments or words of advise
I've had a Viper GT for 2 years that I use for pretreating dark shirts
The only problem I had was quickly replaced by the company and had as much to do with me not cleaning the spray nozzles enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a dtg raptor k3 we are very happy with it have been using it for almost a year. The big thing that is really important is to have 1) a good understanding of your software and also the rip program. 2) make sure you get the training for the cleaning and maintenence. Other than that you should have good success with the raptor. we bought ours through messa and have been happy with tech support and service. They also have a new machine that they are handling called a dtg summit it is suppose to be very user friendly but we have not tried it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have a Viper and a Raptor printing side by side daily for almost 2 years, each have been very reliable, providing regular maitenence and cleaning are adhered to. Raptor is much faster, Viper little better print quality, more versitle size formats. Depends what your printing I suppose. I'd start with the M2....

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you want a DTG brand printer than I suggest Kiosk 3. A lot faster than Viper and more reliable.
I'm not sure how you can compare the reliability of the machines. We use Vipers for our POD shirt fulfillment services and they're work horses. Admittedly, they are constantly running (dwell time can kill pretty much all direct to garment printing systems) and we do a lot of PM, but they're in our opinion reliable.

In addition, given our process & throughput, the conveyor system offers a big advantage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts