T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, when i try to print on dark shirts, the color ink does not match excactly the white ink so i have a white line around the design,what am i suppose to do, does anyone experience this with a dtg viper, i just got my machine last week and apprently iam the only one in france so its not easy to get help here :)
i called matthew from dtg france and he told me that must be the convoyer that is coming back fast and could be moving and that i shouls try to put temporary glue under the platten, i did but changed nothing i still have half milimiter of the white underbase that is not covered by colored ink; i got i big order to do before the end of the week so ant help is welcome;
thanks a lot
franck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i did some tests, i try to print with unididrectional settings, and its looks better and the white line around the design almost disapear(still some lines on the bottom), but if i go back to bi directional settings, then there is a big white outline on the left of the design...
should i make a head alignement procedure?

thanks

franck:confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i try to do an alignement procedure but the problem is still here, ill try do do one more time but if anyone have suggestions i'll apreciate, really need to get it working correctly by tommorrow morning:rolleyes:
thx
franck

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am not sure what rip you are using, but you can go into the rip and set your choke on the white. This should fix the problem. Also make sure you are printing with same resolution on both the white and the colors, this will make a tremendous difference.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am using print pro version 1 special viper edition,i try to choke the white, but its not all around that i have the outline, its down, look like when the convoyer come back from printing the white, he does not start again on the same place, so after calling dtg france, they told me i may be can put some glue under the platen, but nothing changed!!

how high should i put the choke ? dtg france told me 4 pix is the maximum ?
does anyone think about another solution, my machine is brand new and i had to cancel the first order of 200 pieces because i coudnt fix this outlines . after delivery one month late, i really start to be an unhappy man !!i hope i wont have to send it back for them to fix it...

any help is welcome
franck:mad:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello Franck

If the image is not alligning properly in the Up/Down direction then you need to adjust the reverse feed value in your software.

Basically this is a calibration between your Print Pro and the machine, once the correct value is found this can be set and you need never worry about this allignment issue again.

Go to Print Setup (window where you would choose the printer port) look at the bottom of this window and you will see the reverse feed adjustment.

Decreasing the value will move the colour layer down, increasing the value will move the colour layer upwards.

You have infinate control to one hundreth of a milimeter so the allignment can be set perfectly.

I suggest you make a 5cm square or round design, load a shirt and print in various locations it will be very easy to see which way the colour layer is shifting this way.

Once you have found the correct value you can enter this into the platen template so the system always defaults with the correct setting.

Your local dealer should also be able to help you with this as I know they were trained on how to set these values.

I hope this helps
Regards
Jerry
DTG Digital

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks jerry, iam away for all week end but when i ll come back on tuesday i do this,
iam a bit relaxed now after your post, this problems seems almost a normal one, iam just surprise that dtg france coudnt told me from where this could come from, but i have the first viper in france so they probably dont know all about it yet. so iam today really happy that i learned english and that i can get help from you .
ill write you on monday to let you know if this works
thanks a lot jerry and have a nice week end

franck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts