T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had the problem when the Viper drops the port all the time.
When using print pro we are able to press ctrl/P and it prints...well my comes up with error and needs to be reminded by clicking on the port ..
Any takers ?
ALSO THE ALIGNMENT ON PALETTE WORKS SOME TIMES THEN NOT....IT ALSO PRINTS WHITE BASE ON 1ST PALETTE THEN COLOR ON SECOND PALETTE..

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Have you tried using the RIP Pro software to see if this is really a problem with the Print Pro software? Or have you tried the Print Pro software on a different computer. I have seen the same software act differently on different computers. Just need to eliminate that it is not the install on your computer. Just a suggestion.

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried using the RIP Pro software to see if this is really a problem with the Print Pro software? Or have you tried the Print Pro software on a different computer. I have seen the same software act differently on different computers. Just need to eliminate that it is not the install on your computer. Just a suggestion.

Mark

Hi Mark
Yes we have tried it on 3 computers and it still happened.The real problem is how intermittent the problem is , unfortantly we cannot trust the machine to always do the correct thing..

Thank you for your reply

·
Banned
487 Posts
Are your ports on yut computers set to no power saving? If the printer is sitting idle for a while the USB port amy be going into power save mode!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Brian this happens on every new print and the computer doesn't have any time to sleep.
Its fine if we are running multiples but for the first prints it needs to be re clicked or it displays error..

cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
re load the soft ware and re do the KLP files etc. This should solve the problem. It is not the Printer it is software and or USB cable could be playing up as well. Number one is to uninstall and reinstall the software including the 4800 drivers. Glitches can occur coruppting a file in the software. I hope this helps.
Grant

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gedday Mebourne,
You did not say how long your USB cable is, but I have seen different unexplainable errors with cables that are too long or on the verge of being too long.
I find that using a powered extension cable (Active extension cable) can make alot of those problems go away.
They don't need another power supply, but do need to be run from a port directly from the PC.
Some laptops do not have enough power available from their USB ports and this can also lead to similar problems. You can also run a powered hub to provide a bit more grunt if this is the problem.

Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Melbourne<

I think you have two problems, One is easy to fix in the s/w you need to select "save settings" for your port config.
Second would more likely be a faulty FFC connection to the media switch or similar. You need a tech to look at this.
i assume from the "Melbourne" your either in Australia or Florida?

have you contacted your dealer about this?

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts