T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question regarding vinyl transfers. Thanks to the great advice I've received here I'll be using thermoflex for text, but I would also like to use images. I will be printing mostly on darker Ts. I plan to take black and white images (photos) and transfer them to the Ts. Can anyone suggest a good brand of vinyl transfer? Is it more economical to have the transfers created for you? I am buying an Epson r1800, but I'm not sure if it would produce the quality and durability I need. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Are you talking about apaque heat transfers? If so, I use tshirtpaper.com . With opaque transfers, the shirts look and feel amazing when they are first made. With each wash, they do diminish in quality and may crack. Getting transfers printed for you wouldnt be the solution...you say you have a vinyl cutter, so for simple one or two color designs you should be fine. Opaque transfers are generally used for designs with alot of colors, therefore it would be more expensive to get full color plasticol transfers printed, than to print your own on your epson printer. Opaque transfer paper costs $1 per sheet. Ink will cost about $1 per sheet as well, so you are looking at about $2 per t-shirt with opaque transfers, which doesnt seem too expensive to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts