T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my question is what sign vinyl manufacture has the best quality ? the supplier i go through offers 3m, avery, and Oracal vinyl i see alot of people on the forum use oracal and i was wondering who has the best quality vinyl:confused:

· Registered
326 Posts
i found that oracal cuts and weeds nice if you have really small details.
it's one of the advantages, and it semms to be the best vinyl.
but it's not the cheapest.

avery is good, too, but the corners of the small letters tend to lift up a little from the suport paper.
but it's cheaper than oracal, and i use it a lot with excellent result, although i have heard some horror stories about avery.

personally, i switched to Grafityp ( a belgian manufacturer), simply because they are the only supplier which has 24 inches rolls of vinyl, and i have a 24 inches copam cp 2500.
i used to cut 1 meter wide rolls in half, but the resulting 50 centimeters sheets of vinyl did't match the grip rolls in the best way for long designs, let's say 3 meters long.
i could arrange the grip rolls in a different way, but it was a big waste of vinyl.
grafitack promo is even cheaper than avery and it cuts and weeds very well, although it seems a little fragile (it holds up up to 3 years outdoor).
wat's not so good is that i have to order it from 300 kilometers away (i order it today, and i receive it tommorow), but i can get oracal and avery from 3 local different suppliers which are located 5 to 15 minutes away from my home.

· Registered
93 Posts
Personally I think that's a loaded question. I've found that it depends on the end use of the vinyl. I use a lot of GMI product but some things like vehicle wrap vinyl I've used Oracal. Bob was right though, call your dealer and ask for a sample of different vinyls. It also helps to know what you plan to use it for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.