T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I screen printed a name on the back of a jersey and because the jersey had two layers the shirt moved and the print looks bad. My question is this. Can I get some vinyl cut a little larger than the screen print and have it pressed on top of the plastisol ink and have it stick? Or do I need to order another jersey and start over?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You can try. I wont pretend to be a screenprinting expert, but I have seen instances where it works and instances where it does not work.

What we tell our customers is that the adhesive on most heat applied vinyls is not really meant to apply to screenprinting, however depending on what was used to create the screenprinted art, it still may or may not work. We always recommend testing, so in your case you can try it, and really do not have anything to lose.

I would advise you overlap the screenprint so that the vinyl has fabric to adhere to as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help please... i bought transfers, they will not stick to any garment..have heated up to 430 and even 30 mins,,,will not stick..
they are X.iT! transfers, plastisol.
any hacks to make them stick??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
help please... i bought transfers, they will not stick to any garment..have heated up to 430 and even 30 mins,,,will not stick..
they are X.iT! transfers, plastisol.
any hacks to make them stick??
Not enough information.

What garments? Which transfer supplier? Have you checked the actual temperature of your heat press? What pressure are you using?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I screen printed a name on the back of a jersey and because the jersey had two layers the shirt moved and the print looks bad. My question is this. Can I get some vinyl cut a little larger than the screen print and have it pressed on top of the plastisol ink and have it stick? Or do I need to order another jersey and start over?
Answer- You can go for
40000 SERIES GLOSS VINYL SCREEN PRINTING INK

Ideal for most flexible vinyl stocks
Exceptional Adhesion onto most Hard PVC and pressure-sensitive vinyl
Very Mild Odor-No Aggressive Solvent
Exterior Durability (Long Lasting Protection)
FINISH: Gloss finish.
COLORS: Available in opaque and transparent colors.
COVERAGE: Approximately 1000 square feet (101 m2) per gallon through mesh count 250 (100T European) monofilament polyester.
SCREEN FABRIC: Mesh counts 230- 280 (92T-112T/cm European) monofilament polyester.
STENCIL:
Dual-sensitized direct method photo emulsion (OPTIMA EM-500) or SBQ pre-sensitized photo emulsion or equivalent.
Also, any solvent-resistant film or photo emulsion.
DRYING: By solvent evaporation.
Airdry: in approximately 20-30 min.
Jet dry: in 40 to 60 seconds at 150° to 180°F (37°C to 83°C).
STOP flooding the forum with your useless cooy & paste posts that have NOTHING to do with the topics in question!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts