T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Marc very nice and I love the tax one.

What kind of vinyl did you use on the glass?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marc very nice and I love the tax one.

What kind of vinyl did you use on the glass?
hey mrdavid..actually it's a plastic wine glass lol..i used oracal 651..it will work on glass too...just don't 4get to prep the surface.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What do you mean by "prep the glass"? I'm pretty new in vinyl and I thought that vinyl wouldn't hold up on glass?? I'm always looking for new ideas and actually have a nephew getting married in Sept. so some glasses, if workable, would be really awesome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you mean by "prep the glass"? I'm pretty new in vinyl and I thought that vinyl wouldn't hold up on glass?? I'm always looking for new ideas and actually have a nephew getting married in Sept. so some glasses, if workable, would be really awesome.
We clean the glass real good before applying the vinyl. It would be awesome to do some for a wedding, something different and one of a kind. would love to see pics when you complete them.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I either got it from www.sign-mart.com or www.signsupply.com When i wanted some i just called and asked about it.. Im not sure if its in their catalogs.. but they have alot more stuff then is pictured. I tend to use either one of those as my suppliers for sign supplies.. and many times.. rather than look up if they have it.. i just call..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is the link to it at ordway.
Oracal 8510 Glass Etch Film from Ordway Sign Supply - (800) 967-3929 lol.. takes me a bit to find things.. as i dont look at their sites often
Another source in the Chicago area (for those like me who wait forever for shipping from the West coast) is Specialty Graphics and the direct link is
http://specialty-graphics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=252 as given to me by Grant Smith of Specialty Graphics. They also have this available by the foot for $3.40.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts