T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been using thermoflex plus on standard tees and it works great. However, I made my girlfriend a "wife beater" with text on it and it sticks fine, but when it is put on and it stretches, it almost looks like it's holding on for dear life. Is there a way around this? I had it pretty stretched out when I pressed... I've heard Hotmark 70 is pretty good too, but thinner. Would that work better? Has anyone had good experience with vinyl on ribbed fabric? I can't screen print by the way... Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Standard vinyl on ribbed fabric is usually pretty tough. I have a few customers that do this pretty consistently and seem to be happy with our Polyurethane based material. This material tends to stretch a little better than standard PVC based films. Soon, there will be a good answer for this:) I'll post here, when we have it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone use any of the following on ribbed fabric? A wifebeater or something similar?

Hotmark 70?
Thermoflex Plus?
Any other type of vinyl?

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha, I just emailed Josh about it. He said he'll get me some samples. I'd love a vinyl that works great on ribbed fabrics and has a sticky backing so you could hold it up and see where it's positioned on the top before pressing. I've used thermoflex plus on ribbed fabric and it doesn't seem too bad actually. I guess screen printing is the best method for ribbed, but for one off's it's just not realistic. I'll continue my research. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear em! :) Thanks!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I use Thermoflex as well and tend to avoid stretchy or ribbed fabrics. There is a weedable cad-cut product that is basically like plasisol ink printed in sheets. You cut it on your plotter and weed and apply. Josh knows what the product is but I cant remeber the name. This might be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
300 Posts
As long as the irbs are to big, I have not had tom many issues with stretching, but to wide a rib can cause major issues.

I am anxiously awaiting what Josh is going to unveil.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmmmmmmm Motoskin, that sounds interesting. I wonder what the washability would be like compared to regular vinyl. Is this a product that is already out or a product they're working on?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
hammered said:
Dura-cut? Its the sheets of one color inks. I need to see about getting some of that to test myself.
Dura-cut may well be exactly the name. Anyhoo...the product is out there and available but I have never used it. The concept is pretty cool though...just need a good sized sheet to play with!!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I tried some spectracut2 vinyl on a ribbed t-shirt the other day and it didn't stick to the shirt very well. I should have read this thread first :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts