T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to cut some vinyl and am having some trouble getting the vinyl to feed streight....what is happening is when I have a long cut to make the vinyl comes through at a angle...all the drive wheels are tight and everything looks like is is correct.......no Idea why this is happening...

any help would be appreciated

Inked

· Registered
3,420 Posts
Depending on your cutter, sometimes if you have a long cut it's better to pull all the material through the cutter (off the roll), then shove it back into the cutter, line it up and start cutting, this way the cutter isn't trying to pull the material off the roll as it's cutting.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Check the bottom roller and make sure that there is no vinyl making it smooth. line up as best you can and then feed as much vinyl as your going to need out and see if it moves. If it does than you didn't set it straight at the beginning. You should always do this on long cuts.

· Registered
931 Posts
You should also have some slack in the vinyl. Do not have it taunt as it is pulled through. My Ioline plotter control software creates what they call a "service loop". It pulls the vinyl through, then back through and leaves it slack for the material being pulled through the pinch rollers.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Larry: I don't have that feature on my Graphtec but I put the slack in manually. Even though my roll is on rollers, the jerking of the vinyl through the cutter without that slack sounds like h*ll and can skew the vinyl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.