T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I purchased a Secabo vinyl machine about 4 years ago & this & i have encountered this problem from when first purchased.

Basically on some corners in a design, i'm finding lines do not always join up totally perfectly to each other & might be slightly off...so when pulling the vinyl away where there might be a corner there is a razored like section instead with that part of vinyl isn't in line...even though quite small & not perfectly noticable.

Secondly i'm finding some fonts like 'impact' and 'arial' do not cut with sharp edges & lines on certain letters. Some times they have a slight curve to them. On letters 'D' & 'O' i find the inside part of the letter sometimes is slightly off & not inline with the outer section of the font.

I emailed the company & have been given the correct setting which i have applied & still the same problem. My knives are new!

Does anyone know any solutions of have this make of cutter that can help?

many thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Dave, I'm not familiar with a Secabo machine but, I have a vinyl express cutter and they way to cure that type of problem on mine is to adjust the offset....not sure if you tried that, just a thought.

Bryce

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yes i did try this...i've adjusted offset according to specifications from the company but then there are things such as amount of pressure applied of knife which i am thinking maybe the only other alternative but i have literally tried every method to get over this problem...When i cut with flock i don't seem to get any problem it's only when i cut standard garment vinyl...so it's really quite strange!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi yes, these were checked....however my text sits underneath a logo......& the logo cuts pretty much fine, apart from a couple of rough edges where the vinyl cut doesn't meet & slightly goes off but it's not a major thing & is hardly noticable! So if i was to use a knife for small font's then the logo wouldnt cut propely....so i'm not sure what the best thing to do is!....i seem to be wasting so much vinyl practising and trying out diferent blades and settings! it's a pain.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Do you have a pen for your cutter? I hate to waste vinyl so I replace my blade with a pen and draw on paper until I'm sure things are ready to go for the vinyl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts