T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to do some t-shirts today layering 2 vinyls but the results are not good. Have used this process on 100's of shirts in the past using Ecofilm and never had a problem.

On these shirts I was going to use Stahls Super Film as I really like the thinness of the material.

The picture shows just a basic text with a white background and red vinyl overlayed on top. The white went down perfect but after I pressed the red on....well you can see in the picture the edges of the text are all fuzzy.

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
What is your application method for this two color? (Time, Temp, Pressure)

Also, is it possible to see a picture of the entire garment?

Best Regards.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a pic of the entire print, looks good from a distance but close up you can see the rough edges.

Time is 5 seconds for the white layer and 10 after I apply the red layer. Pressure is medium, temperature is 320 deg (f)

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
This is a pic of the entire print, looks good from a distance but close up you can see the rough edges.

Time is 5 seconds for the white layer and 10 after I apply the red layer. Pressure is medium, temperature is 320 deg (f)

Mike
That is the correct application.

We have noticed slight distortion on the foreground layer of Superfilm when doing a two color like you mentioned. This is due to the extremely flexible nature of the product.

It is difficult to gauge how pronounced this is on your garment. Obviously the closeup does not look very good, but the image of the entire garment looks fine. If you like please feel free to send the garment in and I will personally review it for you.

Email me at [email protected], and I will provide you with instructions on how to get it to me.

Best Regards.

·
Registered
396 Posts
are you sure that it is not in the file itself ? maybe the red is not a clean edge ? the black looks great so you know it is not the blade. maybe the file is blown up to much ? have you tried doing it as a small (3x3) logo and see if it looks ok ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you sure that it is not in the file itself ? maybe the red is not a clean edge ? the black looks great so you know it is not the blade. maybe the file is blown up to much ? have you tried doing it as a small (3x3) logo and see if it looks ok ?
It's not the file, the vinyl before pressed has a razor sharp edge, nice clean cut. The only two colors used are Red and White...black is the t-shirt color.

Mike

·
Registered
396 Posts
did you try a different color other than red ? try it to make sure you don't have a bad roll ? i have never come across something like that before. can you try a different design and use the two same colors ? i'm not sure if it matters or not but did you use ecofilm for both layers ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you try a different color other than red ? try it to make sure you don't have a bad roll ? i have never come across something like that before. can you try a different design and use the two same colors ? i'm not sure if it matters or not but did you use ecofilm for both layers ?
I haven't tried any other colors other than those shown. Pressed another shirt using the same 2 colors (red/white) with a bit less pressure and lower temperature, same time though, and it worked better. I think that the super film is so thin it a little more fussy than other materials.

I've used Ecofilm on a number of multi color designs and never had this problem, but after 2 or three layers of Ecofilm the design gets to start having a heavy hand feel to it, but with Super film even with 2 colors it still is very flexible and a very soft hand fee to it...that's what I like about this stuff.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts