T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do almost 100% screening, but have a small job for white on navy shirts, 100% polyester dry weave Champion cw22 shirts. Anyone have experience doing this? I've done plenty of cotton and 50/50 heat presses, but not this 100% poly dry weave. I have a Hix air assisted press. Is this something I should turn away? What's the heat, time in press, and pressure settings for this material?:confused:

· Registered
113 Posts
Are you going to screen print this job? I would recommend a poly ink with some stretch additive if that is you plan. I've done them but it's not something I'd do first time on a paying order. An easier solution would be cut vinyl. For dark shirts, we use vinyl for one color jobs on poly. We use Easy Weed stretch for our vinyl on poly orders. Temp is 305 or 310(we use 310), can't remember and press for 15 seconds. We use a med. to med heavy pressure depending on the brand and style of shirt. If you have a cutter, it's an easy job I would not turn down. Try to find or make a high heat pillow made with a Teflon outer layer. It will help prevent outlines from the heat press. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.