T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys
I'm a Moroccan and Tshirts Vinyl(aka flex here) costs around 8-9$ per 1m*50cm here,
I'm willing to move my business to deal with bigger quantities, I know that Screen Printing is the most suitable thing to do, but my clients prefer Flex yet in the other side they don't like its price :(

I have a few questions that I hope you can help with :
1-what is the cheapest price a "roll" or a "1m*50cm piece" can cost?
2-suppose that I have a simple (10cm*20cm) design let's say GOOGLE logo per example, according to your experience what's the average number of that design a mass production vinyl cutter can support daily?
3-can a strong vinyl cutter/potter cut fabric like cotton,polyester... as well?
Thank you

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
you may get the price to around $7 if you buy it large rolls,
then you could simply put the whole roll on your cutter stand

you would be able to cut ~250 in an 8 hour day
assuming 2 mins/design, could be ~500 or more, if it is not an overly complex and it cuts in a minute
but when you get to that point think about your design and amending it for ease of weeding if necessary

you can cut fabrics, but you would need a cutting mat

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a few questions that I hope you can help with :
1-what is the cheapest price a "roll" or a "1m*50cm piece" can cost?
2-suppose that I have a simple (10cm*20cm) design let's say GOOGLE logo per example, according to your experience what's the average number of that design a mass production vinyl cutter can support daily?
3-can a strong vinyl cutter/potter cut fabric like cotton,polyester... as well?
Thank you
1-If you buy enough material at one time you should be able to get a pretty good volume discount. Your best bet is to call suppliers and let them know the volume you would be ordering and get quotes.

2-The design your asking about would take our plotters about 15 seconds to cut. As long as you have a large rolls you can cut about 1400-1500 or them in 8 hours. (4"x8" "GOOGLE")

3-Yes...there are a lot of plotters in the fashion district in New York city doing exactly that.

Hope that helps you.

Reactions: YArt

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Cutting designs in volume is probably the most inefficient decoration process there is.

Your customers won't accept screen print? That's a pretty broad statement. My guess is they'll like transfers, made from the cheapest vinyl you're trying to find, even less.

My advice: screen print transfers. Order samples and see. http://www.t-shirtforums.com/plastisol-transfers/t77081.html

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
YArt,
i forgot to mention you could check out alibaba for cheaper vinyl on large rolls
stay away from chinese manufacturers, stick with the south koreans
stick with flex pu (not pvc) and ask for samples and do rigorous testing (and check for any and all reviews of the supplier)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
into the T
Thank you for your replies as usual!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Amw
______
Thank you for the reply and information brother
Which potters are you using if you don't mind?
It helps a lot thanks again
No problem.

We currently use 4 Graphtec plotters (FC-8000's and FC-8600's).
We are also planning on ordering a new FC-8600 in January.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i like the south korean flex i use, i could never figure out who manufactured it (smtf is big, check them out)
the hand is really nice and my test shirt with 40+ wash/dry cycles is adhered really well, nothing pulling up

there are some tiny wrinkles appearing, but i dry at normal temps which would account for that
just put wash instructions on your hang tags, symbols or text "Wash Cold, Hang To dry"

edit: added a pic
it is a distressed logo and some of those elements are really tiny, so the adhesion is there
but you can see the little baby wrinkles beginning to show up

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.