T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Vinyl Express QE60 that I cannot get to work. It operates as sit should regarding the initial power-up and vinyl cut test (locally). I have an old version of VE LXi softward with dongle that works but it is so old it will not operate on current windows computers. We are all MAC users so we do not have many pc options to test.

I have gotten it to cut a Code but no art...

A:pU0.2500:pU0.: AP0:IN:pA:pU1103.... etc etc...

the code kept cutting and I would have to turn the machine off to stop the job.

I have tried Cutting Master 4 and Easy Cut Studio on my mac to no avail. I have loaded the LXi Software on a very slow old Dell Inspirion but there is no QE60 driver in the software and I cannot get the driver to load properly.

Has anyone had this trouble?

If at all possible, I'd like to find a mac solution.

Thank you in advance for any wisdom.

· Registered
53 Posts
You might try Inkcut with Inkscape. I use it with my Qe60 on Linux. There are some annoyances with it, but it does work. There might be other HPGL solutions out there.

I don't know much about Macs, but I did see that someone says they were able to use it with the Macports version on Inkscape.

InkCut Extension, send HPGL directly to cutter from Inkscape - Page 4 - InkscapeForum.com

There seem to be different versions floating around, but this is what I used. There is one version that allows you to set registration marks for contour cutting.

Home

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Sounds like you need to change the command from GP mode to HP. Load vinyl press enter like you normally would. After it is ready to cut, press pause, then press either previous or next until you see command on the display then press enter then the up down arrow until you see HP-GL then press enter twice and that should do it. The cutter you have is re-branded Graphtec

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.