T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I currently own a 15 x 15 hix swingman and im interested in buying a vinyl cutter to do my text. What size and brand vinyl cutter/plotter do you all suggest i get to do text on shirts? I also plan to do logos big enough to fit the front of the shirt. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If you can swing it, I suggest getting a 24" cutter. The price range on a quality 24" cutter is usually around the $1500-2000 range. However if you are looking for something a little less costly, a 15" Cutter might work for you. The Stika SX-15 is a nice cutter that goes for about $800 and with a 15 x 15 press you shouldn't be needing to go bigger than that size.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Keep in mind that the Stika SX-15 will only cut a max of 13-3/8" wide.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The stika sx-15 says it will cut a max of 13-3/8". but I have found that it really only cuts about 11" well. If you cut too close to the edge of the vinyl the details dont always come out well. If you are doing basic large text, it will cut in the full 13 3/8" fine, but if youre images are very detailed (like mine) it doesnt work well anywhere near the edges.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got the Designtech 60 from signwarehouse on clearance for $850. It's working great and it's a Graphtech with different clothes on. They probably still have a few left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got the Designtech 60 as well. I got it for 850 and Signsupplystore.com. Cut my first logos for my club today as well.

By the way I also have the 15x15 swingman. Loving it so far.

Best of luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts