T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've been reading on the net that using a vinyl cutter/plotter to cut out text for tees is a good way to go. Has anyone here used this method? If so, what do you think? My real question is this... If you make a text image and have the cutter do it's thing and cut out the letters. Do you have to put the letters on the shirt one at a time before you heat press it? Or can you somehow take the letters all at once with accurate spacing and put it on the tee before pressing? Is this the way to go for custom text tees in quantities of 1 or 2? Screen printing is not an option for me because of the fact that these will be custom tees in such small quantities. Transfer paper seems to be out for text since it transfers that "Square" around the image with the text. Plastisol needs to be ordered in advance and I can't do it from home. Any other methods I'm missing? I think dye sub is only good for lighter colored shirts right? Thanks in advance!!! :)

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, so there is a backing and the letters stay in place on the backing so you don't have to space them out one at a time? Also, how does the cutter not cut the backing? isn't it like 1/1000th of a millimeter? Seems like it would cut right through?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.