T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Changes to Offset should produce a discernable change in the cut quality, and It is not, so offset won't be your problem. Most font's have imperfections which aren't noticeable or a problem for their intended size/use but when you enlarge a 5 or 10 pixel font to a much larger size imperfections are amplified & you need to manually edit the file to remove them.

First you'll need to create a 100% perfect vector design to cut, once you know the integrity of your artwork is perfect, then you can resume experimenting with offset to perfect the cut.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Pointless making any machine adjustments without beginning with a cut file that is 100% correct. The machine can never be accurate if the artwork isn't and you certainly can't make adjustments to the machine to compensate for shoddy artwork.

Into the T asked about your "test cut" results in his 1st post, this is using the inbuilt test cut feature, but you didn't answer?

You said "The same artwork has the error in different locations." What do you mean?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Couple more things to check while waiting for tech support....

I know it's new but problem solving is often a process of elimination, so you also need to make sure there's no foreign matter like vinyl shavings or anything else within the blade holder.

I have seen similar issues with good artwork, but it was caused by trying to maximize the area available on a scrap piece of vinyl, which was allowing the vinyl to ripple at times while cutting. So in your case I would also be making sure that all of the rollers are providing sufficient grip on your vinyl and that the piece of vinyl you're cutting is not too small.

Having said that, a new machine unable to cut a satisfactory test cut definitely points to a manufacturing issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts