T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
like Jynx said, check your vector nodes (zoom in to the trouble areas) and check your blade offset

have you tried the test cut feature on scrap vinyl to ensure everything is working?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
what does your manual recommend for blade offset?

60 degree blade should be 0.40 offset and the 45 blade should be 0.25, 30 blade is 0.25 (standard offsets for roland blades)
i would limit your offsets to a range of 0.2 - 0.5

try doing your test cuts with the lowest speed possible

ensure your vinyl is secure under the rollers and not shifting (use a long piece of vinyl and use the arrows to move it through and watch the edge for movement)
try using a cutting mat until you dial in your settings for the material (and any subsequent new material)
if you do not have one, go to michael's and get the cricut 24" mats, or make one with thick mylar and repositionable spray glue

your blade should barely be protruding from its housing, credit card at most
make sure your force matches your material, you want a very faint line on the backing, not a cut into it

lock your hammers away until you get it dialed in
it will take a little time, but you will get there

~

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
i would stick to test cuts, once you perfect that then move on

also, convert your font to a path and zoom in to the trouble areas and post a pic
then we can tell if the font is decent and it is indeed the cutter

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
well, at least we can cross off the file itself and focus on speed, force, offset, vinyl movement and blade depth

have you looked at the carrier sheet with the letters removed to check your blade depth?

When setting the blade length,hold the blade holder up next to the material before pressing the material to the mat, so that you can more accurately set the length to match the thickness of the material.For really thin materials, like vinyl and thin paper, just the very tip of the blade will be protruding from the bottom of the blade holder. In fact, you should just barely be able to feel it with your fingertip and not be able to see it very well, if at all.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
ok, i downloaded signmaster basic demo and have it running

it looks like the default overcut is way too high (mine started at 2.00), try lowering to 0.05 or 0.10

leave the blade offset to around 0.25 to start with

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
4 test cuts?

did you try the pen yet to see if it you are having issues like Jynx mentioned?

you are not even close to the number needed to dial in a new machine as a first time user of a cutter
you have to let your font go for now and focus on test cuts, test cuts, test cuts

once you get that accomplished, and you get to intimately know your machine, then you can probably get away with 4 test cuts for a new material

1 - 6 of 6 Posts