T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to use my vinyl cutter for rhinestone design transfers. Since most of them will be going on t-shirts I don't see myself using it for anything over 12". The price difference in the cutters i found are only $150-$200 when buying a 15" and 24". I don't mind getting a 24" one but my only question is am i going to be wasting a lot of vinal paper if i'm not fully using 24" for each design.

What if i cut something that is only 6 inches. Do i just waste the remainder of the vinyl?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I am going to use my vinyl cutter for rhinestone design transfers. Since most of them will be going on t-shirts I don't see myself using it for anything over 12". The price difference in the cutters i found are only $150-$200 when buying a 15" and 24". I don't mind getting a 24" one but my only question is am i going to be wasting a lot of vinal paper if i'm not fully using 24" for each design.

What if i cut something that is only 6 inches. Do i just waste the remainder of the vinyl?
Just because the cutter has the ability to cut 24" vinyl doesn't mean it won't cut 12" or 15", but to answer your question yes you would waste what you don't use or couldn't re-feed into the cutter, or you can always gang designs to get the maximum out of your vinyl.

As far as size, you may at some point down the road want to do other things like lettering, or decals that you may want a bigger cutter....just a thought.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with latitude42 if you can afford a 24" do it down the road you may miss out on a great opportunity because you thought small.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Ioline Studio 8, 20"wide. It will take strips of vinyl as small as 3"X6" (comfortably) and a Lynx 24" which, although an excellent plotter, is a little less forgiving with what sizes it will take.
I would suggest the 24 in. plotter (what ever model) because out 17 years of being in this business it has proven to be most practical. I've used a 15", 20", 48", 54" and now I'm convinced that when it comes to practicality, the 24' inch covers a multitude of issues. (so to speak)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts