T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how manufactures achieve a Vintage wash look. I've just received my samples from China and although I'm very pleased with the quality and make of the garments I feel the garments look 'new' rather than vintage. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
AlternativeApparel said something about how they wash their shirts to make them feel "vintage".

I think one type of wash that does this is "enzyme" washing.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
No problem. There are a few members here that work in cut/sew places or garment factories, so I'm hoping they see this thread as well and can offer some input from their experience.

·
Registered
122 Posts
manufatctures achieve a vintage look using an enzyme wash, it is referred to as bio-polishing, it basically takes away the pills that are on the cotton fiber, it makes the shirt really silky and smooth feeling, like an old shirt would be, you can achieve a raw vintage look using potassium pomengranate, its kind of nasty stuff so be careful, i thinkyou can pick it up at pet stores, they use it to clean out aquariams and ponds, it is used to destroy algea i believ you can also achive a vintage look on 100% cotton shirts using salt in water and letting the shirt soak for three days or using apple vinegar and let the shirt soak for 10 hours, if you have a washing machine that you dont care about you can wash shirts with rocksalt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts