T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello—in addition to selling t-shirts I also have a very large collection of vintage punk and hardcore shirts. Since moving into my new apartment A LOT of my old, classic shirts have fallen victim to the over-abundance of sun that blasts our bedroom everyday.

Do any of you have ANY suggestions for re-dying old shirts to get a consistent, all around color? I know typical dyes (RIT, etc.) don't work well because I've already ruined one shirt trying that.

Here is an example of the type of damage I'm talking about (see orange strip along fold line):

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
773 Posts
Sometimes.... note I say sometimes... The sun caused that line.. and of course unstable dye, ususally something that has some red in it.. anyhow the sun caused that line... the sun can fix it kind of.. Put the shirt on a hanger and put it in the sun.. day after day... It should fade pretty universally over a period of time.. sometimes just a couple of days.. No guarentees just another Idea... same thing will work on scorch marks on light colored or especially white shirts...
dlac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.