T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest alternatives to Alternative Apparel for vintage-style cotton and cotton-poly blanks?

Also looking for advice on inventory. About how many blanks would I need to order in a clip to do business with a wholesale distributor? Realizing that prices vary, can anyone here provide a ballpark for the price of blanks, plust prinitng and shipping costs? In other words, if I sold a shirt for between $25 and $30, how much of that could I realistically consider profit, providing that I print and ship the shirts independently and not through a fullfillment service such as CafePress?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Can anyone suggest alternatives to Alternative Apparel for vintage-style cotton and cotton-poly blanks?
Contintenal Clothing
American Apparel
Royal Apparel
Article1
District Threads
The Apparel Agents
Stylo Golf
Waffo.com

Realizing that prices vary, can anyone here provide a ballpark for the price of blanks, plust prinitng and shipping costs?
There's a lot of factors involved there depending on which printing method, your designs, how many you buy, etc.

But probably between $5-$9 for a finished product. The customer pays the shipping costs, so that's not something really to factor in.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
vintage-style blanks what exactly does that mean? Curious, not to familiar with the term.
What I meant are the super lightweight, softer, more fitted cut, sort of upscale "fashion" type t-shirts. The blanks cost more, but the graphics and design and brand allow for end customers to expect a higher price tag.

The kinds that a lot of vintage t-shirt brands seem to be using these days.

They also have more specialty type styles like the "burnout" tee by AlternativeApparel that is almost sheer and heavily treated or the freyed sleeves/collared shirts available from Continental.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alternative definitely has blanks that others don't. Of course anyone that has been in this business for any length of time and has produced lines of clothing for retail know that Alternative never has stock. And it seems like when they do have stock then they seem to screw up your shipment. I am amazed at how long they have stayed in business. Article 1 is a very good supplier of fashion blanks. They do NOT have a burn-out but they do have some blanks that lean towards vintage. What sort of numbers are you buying? There are several custom mills in California that will make anything you want at a great price but you will have to order minimums of 2400+. You can also make your own burn-outs as well with a 50/50 t-shirt and burn-out chemical. I hope this was some help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Fatlip... I've just ordered a small batch of Gildan Ultra screen printed tees and although I've included distressing in the design of the print and had it screened with only one layer of ink to make it look washed, assuming you know, is there any way to make the tees look worn and soft by using diluted burn-out chemicals? If so could you shed some light on it?! Cheers :)

- Roo

·
Registered
828 Posts
I was actually wondering the same thing. I have just started researching the burn-out styles myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts