T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a design with a vintage look. It's going to be red ink on black tee. I have distressed the image in the art.

But my question is how would you print the ink. I'm thinking no underbsse. Any suggestions?

· Registered
468 Posts
I would try one stroke of opaque and see how it looks, or two strokes plain red and see how it looks then repeat with a print flash print. I think it would give you that distressed look with two strokes of red but I think it would be a trial and error thing. But I don't think an under base is needed if you're going for the distressed look.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Regular red ink on a black tee will look dark brown. What I'd do for a vintage look, in addition to the distressing you've already done to the art, is to print a high opacity red ink through a higher mesh count, like a 230 or even a 305. Adjust your squeegie pressure to get the look you want. You should end up with a very soft hand and a beat-up, but legible look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.