T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a bunch of new/old stock Vintage heat transfers. Trouble I’m having is how to apply them to shirts without messing them up. I don’t know what temp to set it at, how long to press and if it’s hot or cold peel. I tried one and messed it up already. They feel like a waxy ink of some sort.
Can anyone help so I don’t distroy these very cool designs.
In the example, notice the top is all torn up.

Attachments

· Registered
10,809 Posts
If they feel like plastic and have a white backing they are probably a cold peel. Try 385 for 10 seconds with firm pressure. Allow to cool to the touch and then peel. I 'assume' you have a quality heat press??

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a bunch of vintage heat transfers from the 70's - early 90's. I'm just starting to get ready to apply some of them to shirts for Christmas gifts. I have name brands like Roach, L & H and others as well as ones with no names, #'s or identification on them at all. I have glitter ones, non-glitter, large, small and etc.. Some look like they have a white milky backing to them. Some are harder to make out then others. Some look thicker then others as well. Non of the approx 130 pieces I have come with instructions.

How or where would I find instructions for them? I 've seen the vintage Roach instructions on PDF.

What's the best way to tell if they are cold or hot peel?

What's the best way to determine how much heat and for how long?

I'm new to this transfer art. I do have a nice Fancierstudio BW1515 Industrial quality machine that I'll be using to apply the transfers.

Thanks,
Bill

· Registered
10,809 Posts
For the most part I think it will be trial and error. I would recommend 385 for 10 seconds (make sure your temperature is accurate) and firm pressure. We have sold all those design and actually owned L&H at one time. The glitters will be a cold peel. The others are probably hot or warm peel. Be prepared to waste a few shirts due to the lack of specific instructions and the age of the transfers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.