T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this posted on Facebook a few days ago and it really hit home with me, so I thought this would be a perfect place to share it: in our community of creative business people :)

An eloquent explanation for beginners (and a reminder for the experienced) about how to get to where you want to be.

· Registered
988 Posts
This is so true, I look back on the stuff I created when I first started 6 years ago and then compare it to the stuff I make now and I scream wtf was I thinking! Also someone told me the other day that I was a jack of all...master of none. :) They were so right. I know a little about EVERYTHING but none of which I have mastered. I get discouraged then move on. This year, I will master one thing. I will be an expert at it. My resolution to myself.

Great Video Rodney, Thanks!!

· Registered
2,125 Posts
SO true. I had never thought about it like that. I'm definitely still in that phase. I feel like I use a safety net too much. Then I get hit with a challenge and I work my tail off to get it done right. Then when I do it and it's done right and it looks good, I'm so thrilled! But then I find myself back in that phase again for awhile. Those triumphant challenges are what keep me plugging along. Sometimes I look back over the designs I have posted on my Facebook pages just to remind me of how far I've come in such a short time. Then I like to look at some of my customers' pages and am so inspired by how talented they are and it motivates me to plug along.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Thanks Rodney, for posting this. It really puts things into perspective and into focus.

· Registered
13 Posts
This is so true, I look back on the stuff I created when I first started 6 years ago and then compare it to the stuff I make now and I scream wtf was I thinking! Also someone told me the other day that I was a jack of all...master of none. :) They were so right. I know a little about EVERYTHING but none of which I have mastered. I get discouraged then move on. This year, I will master one thing. I will be an expert at it. My resolution to myself.

Great Video Rodney, Thanks!!
I am with you tarcip. I try to know something about everything I want to do/produce and I have no solid knowledge about 1 thing. Is it too late for another New Years resolution? lol Although I have not been doing this long at all, I think I'm in this phase already. I consider myself a very creative person, but if it doesn't turn out like I invision it in my head I get discouraged (even though others like it I don't).

· Registered
76 Posts
Guys how did you start when you launched? Did you actually sell anything in a very first month? I'm having one of ups and downs days, today been thinking all day if I'm actually aware what am I doing and if anyone will buy my tees at all. Maybe I might even be broke. Hopefully not. "It's just a bad day" - I told myself...

· Registered
6 Posts
Guys how did you start when you launched? Did you actually sell anything in a very first month? I'm having one of ups and downs days, today been thinking all day if I'm actually aware what am I doing and if anyone will buy my tees at all. Maybe I might even be broke. Hopefully not. "It's just a bad day" - I told myself...
As an owner/operator, if people aren't buying your shirts, you have to figure out why. Once you know why, I think that puts you in a position to understand what you should change and go from there. It's easy to sit around and wonder 'Is anyone going to buy my shirt today?' but once you change your mindset to 'I'm going to find out why people aren't buying my shirt today' I think that in itself will yield results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.