T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a seen a couple posts on here about vibrating the white ink to keep it from settling. The devices that they were using were rather large and wouldn't really work for the bulk bottles while still attached to the printer.

I was thinking that there had to be something small out there that could be use. I have the little ultrasonic dishes that the Glass people use or the jewelery people use to clean stuff.

I have a T-jet2 and the White ink bottles sit on a 1/2 thick piece of PVC block to keep them higher than the other inks. I am wondering if anyone has come across something small enough to fit in the T-Jet2 tray for the white ink to vibrate the bottles. I was the thinking something that vibrates really small as you don't want to shake the whole tray or the machine.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Ultra sounds is risky, if you don't know the right frequency then you can change the ink properties.

Better to use magnetic stirres, like the ones that are used in labs (the ones with a pill inside a container beeing put top montion by electromagnetism).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I looked at those. They are fine for shaking the ink not currently in the lines.

I am still looking around to see if I can find what I am looking for. Interesting factoid, if you have ever looked at the ink lines as can see the ink settling, actually shaking or vibrating the tubes remixes the ink in the lines. I had to chuckle because the thought of actually shaking the lines seems a little overkill.

I am thinking even just a small would work, just have to find what im thinking of.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These might work the lines might need a couple bigger ones for the bottles but attach two of these, one near the bottles on where the hoses come out of the rail chain. This would work for the tjet 2, not sure about other printers. They dont vibrate alot and are small enough to work well.

https://catalog.precisionmicrodrive...oduct_Search&gclid=CNrN-MGe4LwCFZRsfgodHG0ACw

Hmm just found some that are actually used for fluid mixing and emulsifiers:

https://catalog.precisionmicrodrive...0-101-10mm-brushless-vibration-motor-3mm-type

Just spitballing. Interesting thought though I think. I may try a couple. They both have self adhesive on the back to attach to the bottles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.