T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is George and I would like some advice about starting out in the world of sublimation printing. I am a musician and hypnotist and have many contacts in the music and entertainment business. Mostly semi-pro bands and solo acts who would like a good deal on T-Shirts, Mugs, etc. What advice can you give me on buying budget equipment to supply this demand. We are maybe talking 50 items at a time. I currently do posters, flyers etc for bands. The posters I do are up to A3 on glossy paper. I noticed a few package deals for 4 in 1 up to 10 in 1 presses on ebay. On looking for a CISS for sublimation ink I was shocked to find that they come in at around £250 a shot and the ink is not very cheap either. Anyway I have talked enough for now. Any help and advice would be very helpful.
Thanks.
George.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Welcome to the forum,,, With sublimation you are limited to white and light pastel colors, also you can only print on polyester,, so overall this print method while very very good it limits you on shirt types and are more expensive to produce mostly due to shirt costs,, thats it kinda in a nutshell

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi George. Welcome to the forums.

The sublimation forum on here, will amswer many of your questions. For an empty CIS system, you shouldn't need to pay more than about £40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Will. The CISS came with ink but I was still stunned by the price of bottles of bulk ink. Is it going to pay me if the ink costs that much? Thanks Roger. I heard that you could also print on to black T-Shirts too. I will enter the Sublimation section and pick their brains too. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sublimation is only one method of print for tee shirts. Yes the ink is unfortunately very expensive.

You'll find all the methods are discussed on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts