T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,906 Posts
OK Connie. You don't need to keep posting the same thing over and over again. What exactly do you need help with? You need to be specific. Do you need help designing? Do you need help printing? Do you need to learn how to print? Do you need to learn how to design? What exactly do you need help with?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you ink apparel for responding i need help with navigating the forum and the website i am not computer savvy so please bear with me i have my own designs they are done in pencil and ineed to know what ever there is to know about ink and what ever else to get these designs to look good on the shirt and i need to know where to start about getting shirts good one s for a reasonable price i have a company here in washington d.c. that is ready to print for me but before i do anything i need to know what iam doing so could you begin to walk a beginner thru this process so that i donot get ripped offTHANKSCONNIE!!!!!!!!! also i am waiting for the copyright of my designs to come back.

· Registered
48 Posts
thank you ink apparel for responding i need help with navigating the forum and the website i am not computer savvy so please bear with me i have my own designs they are done in pencil and ineed to know what ever there is to know about ink and what ever else to get these designs to look good on the shirt and i need to know where to start about getting shirts good one s for a reasonable price i have a company here in washington d.c. that is ready to print for me but before i do anything i need to know what iam doing so could you begin to walk a beginner thru this process so that i donot get ripped offTHANKSCONNIE!!!!!!!!! also i am waiting for the copyright of my designs to come back.
Hi Connie,

That's a lot of information you are after! First off, what is the printer saying about your artwork? whenever I have a customer come in with a design done in pencil and I will tell them to redo or darken up the outlines with a sharpie so I can get a better scan off of their design. Depending on how in depth it is it may or may not work to well. I urge you to work closely with the designer at this company to find out how they need the artwork submitted. If they are anything like my company, the artist is the only one that really knows how to explain what they need from you to get a good looking print.
As far as not getting ripped off, I'd say do your homework on a couple different printers in your area and find a printer that isn't too expensive. Remember though that good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't always good!
Hope this helps a little bit.
Justin

· Registered
48 Posts
Connie, try to keep the correspondence inside this thread so everyone else can see/learn from it as well.....
hi smonster thanks for the responce again i have know clue on printers or anything all this stuff is new and i need to start at the very basic would you recommend that i take thepdf orjpeg to the company to look at then make a determination from there what needs to be discussed so that i have an understanding of whats going on and what i need to know ,the company knows but they know i donot know so i donot want to pay unnessary money in order words to to get the shirts redone when if given the right direction and know how from you guys can hopefully cut down costthanks connie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, take the design to them. I, as the artist and printer, would never accept a job unless I saw the design prior. And unless the company has a bad reputation already they probably won't try to take advantage of you. It's been my experience that a lot of us printers are good people and don't try to capitalize off of someone's ignorance. Besides, it's the repeat business that keeps our paychecks clearing the bank every week! As far as costs go, every market is a little different; some places charge art fees, others say they don't but its really hidden in the shirt cost, or others don't charge at all. Talk with your printer though! I always try to educate my customers a little while working with them so that I may make my job easier the next time around, I'm sure they'd do the same. At my shop, if a customer tells me they are concerned about cost then I will try to give them the best price I can while still giving them a good product. It all comes down to the amount of work that the printer needs to put into something, if you come in saying you only want to spend $X then the printer will tell you what $X will get you. Then you can go from there.

Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.