T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help I am very new to this. I was looking into buying a Epson c88+ for sublimation printing I did not want to spend 400.00+ on system so My question is, do I need to get a cis system or can I use the ink that comes with the printer to print and heat press? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
43 Posts
no, sublimation ink is intended only for sublimation, and inkjet inks are not sublimation inks, they are dye based or pigment based

·
Registered
3 Posts
no, sublimation ink is intended only for sublimation, and inkjet inks are not sublimation inks, they are dye based or pigment based
You can buy a combo cartridge and ink sublimation package from amazon(EZ ink) for your c88 printer. It's listed for $20.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Please help I am very new to this. I was looking into buying a Epson c88+ for sublimation printing I did not want to spend 400.00+ on system so My question is, do I need to get a cis system or can I use the ink that comes with the printer to print and heat press? Thank you in advance
That is a very low cost approach.
The inks that come with your epson printer are more applicable to cotton materials not polyester. Give it a try. USE the epson inks and transfer onto cotton and launder. The colors that wash away are not pigment based inks.
NOW to sublimation.
No, DO NOT BUY A CIS System. You will NOT be able to print sufficient volume to prevent coagulation in the tubes between the tanks and printhead. Magenta seems to always fail.
Your real challenge is identifying the ink provided who has refillable cartridges compatible with the printer you choose. I selected the Epson WF 7710. My ink supplier is CobraInk.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts