T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been battling vertical registration problems for a while now. Cleaning the driver board and bed sensor hasn't really helped all that much, so I guess its time to replace it (as its sagging quite a bit and looks worn).

What's strange is that the vertical registration problem is only noticeble on every 2nd print. For example, first t-shirt will come out great, second t-shirt and then there is vertical registration problems. THis was consistent over 50 t-shirts I did yesterday. 25 were ok, 25 had vertical registration problems! Lets hope the new driver board fixes this issue. if not, might have to look at the encoder wheel.

Example of registration issue:

Here's something I noticed when inspecting the bed sensor. To the left of the sensor is a white roller that makes contact with the black bed tray roller bar. Notice to the right of the white sensor a piece of the frame is jammed in between the white roller and black bar!?!?! Looks like a manufacturing defect, someone didn't cut the frame correctly. Hasn't posed a problem yet so I think I'll leave it as is. Anyone know if this could affect operations?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had this problem before, and most of the time it is a dirty encoder wheel. What resolution are you printing at?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out one of the issues was a platen with slipper base, that's why every second print was even worse vertical registration. Fixed that issue with more magnets :)

However, still got a fair bit of vertical registration, around 1mm-2mm each time. I print at 1440 white underbase and 720 colour. I'll definitely check the encoder wheel if the new driver board doesn't fix this problem. How do you go about cleaning it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
just use your cleaning solution or window cleaner on a lint free cloth to clean the encoder wheel, much the same as the encoder strip.

be carefiull not to warp or kink the encoder wheel

Regards
Jerry
DTG Digital

1 - 4 of 4 Posts