clear any job queue error
delete job queue
press load button
press feed cancel 5s
press green power off
press black power off (main power)
let rest 5 minutes

and re-start again

but I don't get a solid green power all the time.. (after starting)

b) printer engine height adjusting issue

To start printing, I do the following steps:

+load garmen on tshirt holder
+Raise a little bit printer engine
+press load button
+lower (arrow down) the printer engine all the way down (the printer will stop automaticially at the supposely correct height)
+print

Most of the time, my printer doesn't position correctly the height of the printer engine, because it generate a fatal error during printing.

so I've found this solution:

+load garmen on tshirt holder
+Raise a little bit printer engine
+press load button
+lower the printer all the way down (the printer will stop automaticially at the supposely correct height)
+ PRESS UP ARROW 6 TIMES TO RAISE THE PRINTER ENGINE
+print

and usually no fatal errors when printiing.

Did you encounter this problem and what's your method or solution to avoid this.

thanks for your help

regards

· Registered
729 Posts
Yikes, you are doing too much. To clear a fatal error you only need to hit the power button on the control panel off and back on. The master power is not necessary. You do not have to wait 5 minutes. The occasional fatal error is not too bad, I get at least 1 a day.

The worst thing about fatal errors it is that you have to cycle the system twice. Explanation by support: 1st reset clears the Epson memory, 2nd clears the Veloci Jet memory. Seems like buggy firmware to me, as there is no rhyme or reason to it. I've used my printer enough to have eliminated the obvious user errors..

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi

>To clear a fatal error you only need to hit the power button on the control panel off and back on.
It would be a dream come true if I can clear the errors with 1 or 2 or 3 green power off/on... (like shown in the user manual)

sometimes I'm spending 30 minutes, even 1 hour to get a solid green... after a fatal errors

My better chance is to try to resolve the head printer height ajustment... (to avoid the fatal errors)

if I print on "thin piece of cotton fabric", the veloci works very well...

My issues begins when I want to print on coton tee-shirt... (thicker than the piece of fabric)

I don't say veloci XL is a bad brand/machine.. currently I got awesome colors for successful printing... but there is something wrong with my printer/configuration/... may be I don't use properly the printer.. but I'm trying my best to follow the user manual...

I will contact equipmentzone ...

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes, you are doing too much. To clear a fatal error you only need to hit the power button on the control panel off and back on. The master power is not necessary. You do not have to wait 5 minutes. The occasional fatal error is not too bad, I get at least 1 a day.
yes, you are right, I've tried just power off/on 2 times to clear fatal errors, and seems to work.

my mistake was : I press the "load button" first (or other button to cancel data) before doing any power green off.

It was so simple.. I know clearing fatal errors now. :)

I just need now to resolve the "printer engine auto height ajustment" issue and I will spend my time on my beautiful veloci xl

· Registered
729 Posts
yes, you are right, I've tried just power off/on 2 times to clear fatal errors, and seems to work.

my mistake was : I press the "load button" first (or other button to cancel data) before doing any power green off.

It was so simple.. I know clearing fatal errors now. :)

I just need now to resolve the "printer engine auto height ajustment" issue and I will spend my time on my beautiful veloci xl
Loading the bed does not clear the data. Job data is in memory, which is why you have to clear it twice by power cycling. I'm glad you're able to deal with the fatal errors quicker now.

I haven't experienced the up/down adjustment issues that you are experiencing, support can probably resolve that for you.

FYI, you shouldn't have to raise the engine before you load the bed. The sensor should adjust that for you. I press the down button after both loading AND after the 1st pass to ensure that the print head is at correct distance from the garment. This ensures that you get the CRISPEST looking prints..:)

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loading the bed does not clear the data.
Yes I mean , my mistake was:
I press the button "load" to load the shirt holder
or I press the button "media feed/cancel" to clear data.
before power green off

>you shouldn't have to raise the engine before you load the bed.

it's scary to not raise the printer engine before because the manual (page 99) says: "...stuff all of the excess shirt under the shirt board, place the hold down ring on the garment. RAISE THE PRINT ENGINE TO ACCOMODATE THE HEIGHT OF THE SHIRT. PRESS THE LOAD BUTTON. after the beds loads, press the down arrow until the print engine stops moving.. The veloc-jet XL is now ready to print."

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't experienced the up/down adjustment issues that you are experiencing, support can probably resolve that for you.
.:)
yes, I'm waiting for another reply from equipmentzone to fix this issue..

do you remember how does he fix this "up/down adjustment issues" ? the "physical" intervention of a technician is required or not ? (My printer and I are outside US :) )

· Registered
833 Posts
We spent a lot of time on the design of the Veloci-Jet XL's height sensor. It actually has two functions:

1. Setting Optimal Print Head Height Easily The optimal height between the print head and the garment is approximately 3 mm. Setting this distance by eye is difficult and time consuming. The height sensor makes this adjustment electronic and exact.
  2. Avoiding Bumps in the Garment Because t-shirts are full of lint, it's important to avoid contact between the print head and the garment. If there is a bump in the shirt where it perhaps hasn't been smoothed down properly, the height sensor detects it. Instead of halting printing, the Veloci-Jet XL height sensor moves the print head above the bump and continues printing. It wasn't easy to program this functionality, but it keeps the print head healthy and prevents you from losing a shirt because it doesn't halt printing.
Since the print head assembly's height is adjustable, you need to make sure that the print head assembly is high enough so that it doesn't contact the shirt board when you press the load button. Normally, this isn't a problem and is not something you should have to adjust during the workday. However, in the morning, you may want to raise the print head assembly a bit just to make sure that you didn't leave it too low when you did your maintenance the night before.

I hope this gives you a little more information as to our design process in creating the height sensor and to its functionality. As always, our support department are always happy to help you with any technical questions.

Best regards,

Alex

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We spent a lot of time on the design of the Veloci-Jet XL's height sensor. It actually has two functions:

1. Setting Optimal Print Head Height Easily The optimal height between the print head and the garment is approximately 3 mm. Setting this distance by eye is difficult and time consuming. The height sensor makes this adjustment electronic and exact.
  2. Avoiding Bumps in the Garment Because t-shirts are full of lint, it's important to avoid contact between the print head and the garment. If there is a bump in the shirt where it perhaps hasn't been smoothed down properly, the height sensor detects it. Instead of halting printing, the Veloci-Jet XL height sensor moves the print head above the bump and continues printing. It wasn't easy to program this functionality, but it keeps the print head healthy and prevents you from losing a shirt because it doesn't halt printing.
Since the print head assembly's height is adjustable, you need to make sure that the print head assembly is high enough so that it doesn't contact the shirt board when you press the load button. Normally, this isn't a problem and is not something you should have to adjust during the workday. However, in the morning, you may want to raise the print head assembly a bit just to make sure that you didn't leave it too low when you did your maintenance the night before.

I hope this gives you a little more information as to our design process in creating the height sensor and to its functionality. As always, our support department are always happy to help you with any technical questions.

Best regards,

Alex

hi alex,

thanks alex for those informations

I bought a big straight level to "level" again my printer on the table.

Now the "head assembly automatic ajustment height seems to work", I did 2 printing tests with automatic height ajustment (all the way down), no fatal error...

I cross my fiingers... I will test intensively tomorrow and will do a report

Alex, do you know :

1) a method to avoid to the maximum the potential "ink stain" on tee-shirt due to front/back printing, and manipulation (take out tee-shirt from the tshirt-holder and bring to the heat press for curing...etc...)

2) or even a way to clean softly and quickly any "light ink stain" on the tee-shirts

thank you

· Registered
833 Posts
Hi,

I'm not sure if you're doing this already, but if you're printing on the front and back of a shirt, you want to cure one side first before printing on the other side.

I think you have my email -- could you email me pictures of the issue you're experiencing?

-Alex

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

I'm not sure if you're doing this already, but if you're printing on the front and back of a shirt, you want to cure one side first before printing on the other side.

I think you have my email -- could you email me pictures of the issue you're experiencing?

-Alex
yes, I'm curing each side...

currently, I got fatal errors again but I cannot clear them with 2 or 3 power green off

regarding the stain ink, during the printing , I think the head (height automatically found by the printer) is too close to the tshirt, in the case there is a very little fold on the tshirt (slightly visible), the head "caress" the fabric, and so stain a little bit the t-shirt... I'm not sure... but I think it's the reason..

I'm currently fighting with fatal error... I cannot clear..

alex how can we raise permanently the head ?

thanks for your help

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i levelled again the printer.. (in one side I unscrewed the 4 level screws to the maximum) so I can easily level the other side with 2 screws only

green power back again :) I hope it's the main reason...

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to avoid "light ink stains" (not sure but I think sometimes the printer head "caress" a little bit the tee-shirt), I heat press 5 sec the t-shirt to remove moist, and flaten the tshirt .. before printing .. and I got successful consecutive printings for the moment.

· Registered
729 Posts
to avoid "light ink stains" (not sure but I think sometimes the printer head "caress" a little bit the tee-shirt), I heat press 5 sec the t-shirt to remove moist, and flaten the tshirt .. before printing .. and I got successful consecutive printings for the moment.
Yes, the garment needs to be flat on the shirt holder. Are you using the metal hoop to the hold the garment down as well?

· Registered
833 Posts
i levelled again the printer.. (in one side I unscrewed the 4 level screws to the maximum) so I can easily level the other side with 2 screws only

green power back again :) I hope it's the main reason...
Making sure you have leveled the printer properly is very important. The feet of the printer are adjustable so that you can adjust the level. If the printer wasn't level, that certainly could have caused the issue you were having.

-Alex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.