T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have just spent the last 2hrs on Google trying to find a place to purchase vegetable-oil based screen printing inks. I have found nothing??? I was wondering if anyone knows of any vendors or shops where these can be bought?

Thanks for any help.

Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a bunch of articles on it, and found some companies that say they use them. Just nowhere to buy them. Google it yourself if you want to know more.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Soy and other vegetable based inks are common in the paper printing business. I've not seen any such inks for screen printing.
I'd say the same thing.

Screen printing generally either prints on textile where plastisol rules
I'd wager tuppence there's more waterbased textile printing than plastisol - it's just not happening (much) on t-shirts.

Where soy inks rule is the safe enough to eat, but since people don't eat t-shirts or political signs, no great demand exists for good enough to eat screen printing ink.
That creates a very disquieting image. The idea of being able to take a swig of the ink if I get thirsty while printing is... odd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i think he got the wrong idea. it is the vegetable oil method where you put vegetable oil to your printed design on a regular paper to make it ...........TRANSPARENT.!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts