T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hmm ... I don't really want to split hairs over this and, as TABOB has said, Inkscape is free after all, but I do honestly think VM has the edge over sharpness of detail. That VM image I posted was only done on the Medium setting, the High setting produces even better results.

At the end of the day though, if all you are doing is producing artwork for t-shirts, then most customers would be hard pushed to tell the difference on the final product.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The problem with GIMP and Inkscape is that they are free and most people automatically associate free with junk.
Not the case in software, and your web browser is probably the best example.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
i started with inkscape and used it for years, and i still use it once in a while to test their progress
(gimp i use far more than my older photoshop, and i am really impressed with their work)
but the $20 i spent on serif's drawplus vector program still brings tears of joy to my eyes
it is like night and day compared to inkscape, the rain has stopped and the sun is shining (even dogs seem to be more friendly towards me)

i am glad you have somehow managed to make it work, and not frequently crash rendering all your previous work destroyed
(and somehow you get it to work quickly, i have a brand new laptop and inkscape still absorbs 100% ram for minutes at a time for the simplest of tasks)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts