T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whas this a wise investment?
bought some of the digital art solutions volumes...
creative concepts vol 1
smart templates vol 1,2,3,4
sports/mascots vol 1,2
smart concepts
power graphics vol 1,2,3
and designer for x3.......
and flaming sports........
now i just gotta open them and figure out how to use them..... i figure with this and some freebies floating around the web.. i should have a good starting base............

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
yeah... those are cool.... if you use them to make money than it was worth it... if you don't use them... than it wasn't...lol... seriously though... open a bunch of them up and check em out and get some ideas.... then you can add text and other things to them to personalize... good luck...

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I love the smart designer templates :) They are great for doing schools, business's and a ton of other stuff. The really cool thing with the templates is having a catalog that you can show your customer and then personalize it to their taste. saves a ton of work when needing something fairly quick too :)

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i was also looking for mascot specific vector art for coreldraw x3.... like if our mascot is coyote/wolf is there anyone selling specific mascot art..like fierce/cartoon/ templates/ action poses etc.............. anyone know of anyone? thnks again

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i want to trade vector art with someone like mascot art(my school is wildcats) with someone who has wovles..is this an industry no-no??.... ive seen people ask for help on one or two art but never specific vector art collection....example: i trade you all my wolf vector art for your wildcat vector art...win-win situtation right?. i know you dont want to give your compeitor your art bcause u might not be able to distgunish yourself...but if he lives in another state? no competition there.... or is there a vector file sharing program out there? or am i just NUTS? thanks for the replys.........................

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm not a legal person, but I think most collections on disk are just assumed to be like software. You are buying the license to use it, not trade part of you license to someone else. The part could be like just part of the disk/images or you continuing to use the disk/images while you give it also to someone else to use. Try finding someone in art school, or recommended from art school, to make a few drawings and just show them what they sell for (legal use rights or copy right ownership) on the internet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its not legal to trade art for art if your not the true creator of that art. If you bought package CD clipart from a company and trade that art for other art you can be held responsible and sued.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I agree it would be totally illegal as you purchased a license to use it, and it would not transfer because you give a copy to someone. If you read the licenses, most clearly state it cant be copied, which is essentially what you would be doing.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i understand.....thats why i asked.. and i found lots of free vector art out there...... i opened the books and there are tons of stuff.... i am really impressed..... the mix and match of artwork will be endless........ thanks for the replys

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
yea if you have the smart designs artwork you should be able to find everything you need within the collection. It really is nice :) I love mine.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u dont need the smart designer to use the volumes of digital art solutions... it just makes it easier......the smart designs are in vector so u can use em in both. sts

·
Registered
133 Posts
that's a good investment i'd say. because u can be creative making some tees using them.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
If you don't learn to use it, it is totally worthless. BUT if you do learn how to use it, it is truly valuable and will make you $$$

·
Registered
741 Posts
well i bought $500 worth and i use illustrator but i cant figure out how to change the templates. Can anyone help?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts