T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought an enduracut plus vinyl cutter and it came with the VE lxi software. I wan't to make simple custom cuts but I cant...If I use a image that it was provided with, it cuts fine but when I import an image of my own and when i hit cut, it gives me an error then opens production manager with no image there.

I tried to make my own image from paint, then save as a jpeg, didnt work.

tried to save a random image from online (like the audobots logo) and tried cutting it but didnt work...

I have a strong feeling its a format issue, but I just dont know what to do and its holding me back from putting the enduracut to use...the instructions they give you are nearly useless >.< if you guys can help id really really appreciate it.

· Registered
996 Posts
It has to be a vector file. Cuttors will not cut unless it sees a path and jpeg is pixels and not paths. Even clipart needs to be vector. You cant copy some image off your puter and cut it. You need to change it to a vector file.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has to be a vector file. Cuttors will not cut unless it sees a path and jpeg is pixels and not paths. Even clipart needs to be vector. You cant copy some image off your puter and cut it. You need to change it to a vector file.
Oh ok that explains a lot, figured it was a format issue. Now my question then is, how can I make these images a "vector file"? so lets say i google image, the 49ers logo, save the pic, anyway i can convert it to a vector file?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so then would i have to use one of the programs such as inkscape to import the jpeg, then re-save as an SVG, then import that file to the VE LXI software and cut it?

· Registered
449 Posts
Oh ok that explains a lot, figured it was a format issue. Now my question then is, how can I make these images a "vector file"? so lets say i google image, the 49ers logo, save the pic, anyway i can convert it to a vector file?
If you're going to sell a lot of one image you can outsource the .jpeg to someone like artworksource.com (I am NOT affiliated). I think they charge $15 do vectorize and image.

But that's very economical for one or two cuts.

Di

· Registered
167 Posts
Seeing as VE lxi is a stripped down FlexiSIGN, you should have an autotrace/colortrace tool. It's the one that looks like a "Z". Give it a try and play around with the settings. The autotrace in Flexi isn't too bad and will produce acceptable results if your source image is large and clear enough. Just with that you may be able to get something that you can use.

Also familiarize yourself with tracing designs with the pen tool. Mastery of the pen tool in any vector program lies upon the path to greatness. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.