T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing this system for my shop and I am curious if anyone out there is using this system and how they feel about it. I have watched all the youtube videos of it but I want to hear how the real users feel about it. Is it worth the money? Does it really help your production? Give me the goods and bads of it. Money is to precious right now to turn loose on something thats not going to produce for me.

Let me know what you think?

Another thing I am confused about I went on Vastex site and it was priced at $942 plus s/h but on Texsourceonline it is priced at $748 plus s/h? I thought it was always cheaper to buy direct for the manufacturer.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
We use it. We ordered a custom one for our Titan auto as well. It definately gets you in the ballpark, but for may' it's pricey. Most people seem to get by with a translucent layout sheet and measuring. We needed to move a little faster than that for setups.

We got an auto, a Titan, and use the 18x20 id newmans, so had to have a custom one made, but it was way cheaper than a newman pinlock.

Not hard to use at all. Seen a bunch out there, but not many for sale, so that speaks volumes.

No matter what system you use, doing the artwork correctly still is the starting point for easy registration.

Time of day has a lot to do with posts on the forum. Also better shops are jammed right now with sports season, and owners don't have time to do the forums.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We use it. We ordered a custom one for our Titan auto as well. It definately gets you in the ballpark, but for may' it's pricey. Most people seem to get by with a translucent layout sheet and measuring. We needed to move a little faster than that for setups.

We got an auto, a Titan, and use the 18x20 id newmans, so had to have a custom one made, but it was way cheaper than a newman pinlock.

Not hard to use at all. Seen a bunch out there, but not many for sale, so that speaks volumes.

No matter what system you use, doing the artwork correctly still is the starting point for easy registration.

Time of day has a lot to do with posts on the forum. Also better shops are jammed right now with sports season, and owners don't have time to do the forums.
Thanks so much for your response. It makes since that I don't see many/any out there for sale. I think I am pretty much sold on it I just wanted a little feedback to confirm haha

· Registered
571 Posts

Does it work nicely with the Titan? I'm interested in getting a Titan in the future, but the only dilemma was that there was no registration system for them. Do you think Vastex can make a custom one to fit the titan and use the 20x28 newman frames?

· Registered
2,940 Posts
I've got it. It works well for a pin-registration system. Any more, though, the only part I use is the jig that fits over the regular platens on my Vastex press. I have a layout sheet with registration marks in Illustrator that I output my films from. I printed one out and have it taped to the jig. I've got a few dots of waterbased platen adhesive on that film which is enough to hold job films in place. I run my job out, line up the registration marks to the film on the jig, put 3 pieces of double-sided tape on to affix the job film to the screen, lower the screen onto the jig against the three stops on the jig, then burn the screen. When I'm ready for setup, I put the jig on my press, slide the screens up against the jig stops and tighten the clamps. They're not always dead on, but really close so micro adjustments are minimal and quick.

· Registered
72 Posts
Does it work nicely with the Titan? I'm interested in getting a Titan in the future, but the only dilemma was that there was no registration system for them. Do you think Vastex can make a custom one to fit the titan and use the 20x28 newman frames?
We do offer a VRS for automatic presses including Anatol. Feel free to check out our website or contact us directly if you have any questions.

· Registered
33 Posts
a little late for my reply seeing as how you bought it already but just in case anyone else here comes across this i made my own tri lock system exact measurements to m&r's and i had more tha one made bc i had two presses sold one press and ill sell you the tri loc pallet for 600 bucks

· Registered
626 Posts
We purchased the Vastex VRS and LOVE it! We got it down where we can setup 6 color jobs dead nuts first try on our V2000 Manual. However, now we are looking into an auto and wondering which presses this registration system is compatible with. Anyone know?

· Registered
1 Posts
I am considering purchasing this system for my shop and I am curious if anyone out there is using this system and how they feel about it. I have watched all the youtube videos of it but I want to hear how the real users feel about it. Is it worth the money? Does it really help your production? Give me the goods and bads of it. Money is to precious right now to turn loose on something thats not going to produce for me.

Let me know what you think?

Another thing I am confused about I went on Vastex site and it was priced at $942 plus s/h but on Texsourceonline it is priced at $748 plus s/h? I thought it was always cheaper to buy direct for the manufacturer.
The VRS system is worth getting in your shop. I would get the Lite Pin system for $565 and change, rather than the more expensive version. For a small shop watching the pennies, you get all the benefits at a lower price. Prior to having the VRS, we cringed at any customer design order for more than two colors. Lining up multiple colors was a nightmare. Once we put the system in use we have made multi-color designs our norm. One drawback that they will not mention - it works great on our V200HD and does not work great for our V-100 tabletop. To switch from one to the other is a pain that has made us avoid using our V100.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.