T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a year-old Vastex F-1000 18X24 flash. Back end heats, front end doesn't. Called the vendor who told me to call Vastex, who told me to call the vendor who called Vastex who has to assemble a replacement part. Not sure when it will be done or shipped.
And I wonder how "new" it was. Vastex said the flash was 2014. I bought it from the vendor in '16.
Any suggestions on a work-around?

· Registered
4,694 Posts
Lot's of candles and a fan? :)
:p Well, if working with waterbase, a heat gun does work, but it's not exactly a production oriented process--and probably of no use with Plastisol.

But a better idea is to use your half-working flash twice. Depending on the size of the prints and how your press and space is setup, you might be able to flash half the print and then reposition the flash to cover the other half of the print ... looks just about possible with my flash and Vastex press. It might be best to flash the first half of the image while printing that screen, then reposition the flash and rotate all platens through to flash the second half.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.