T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just taken delivery of a new Vastex DB30, with forced air plus exhaust ventilation and dryer box ventilation. Am curing water based inks. Having trouble setting up system. Vastex quote High temp, at 3.5" - 4" height, for 50 seconds. Keeps failing. Anyone using one of these for waterbased? If so, can you share your optimum settings please? It will save some of my already greying hairs!!

Thx
Graham

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Well in my experience a dryer for curing water based inks has to have a heat chamber a tleast 30' long ... I think the DB30 is to short to do the job properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Waterbased ink takes about 60 to 90 seconds to cure, 3x more time than plastisol. I would lean to the 90 seconds to start. Set the temp to high and the height to about 4". Work with scrap and adjust only the heater height and maybe the temp down a bit if your scorching. Do not lower the time, you need the time to remove all the water. The DB-30 is a very small dryer for waterbase so this will be a slow process but it will work. The waterbase ink being exposed to the proper heat and moving air for 90 seconds is the same in a 2' long heat chamber as a 10' chamber, just a much slower belt.

Best Regards
Mark Vasilantone
Vastex International Inc.
1032 North Irving, Allentown Pa 18109-1846
www.vastex.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts