T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone here had any experience sublimating with vapour apparel? I am looking for a white 100% poly t-shirt that:

• Feels like cotton
  • Is a regular fit t-shirt with sleeves that are slimmer and do not flare out
  • Is thick enough that is holds its shape and is not to see-through
I have done some reading on the vapour apparel range and have got mixed experiences. Some say that the pressed area is prone to changing colour and press marks are more common with vapour apparel. I will me using a large format press to print on these t-shirts and thus not sure if these issues are still an issue and how they will affect me when using a larger press?

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I got a sample of their cotton-feel one to play with. I thought it felt like a coarse shirt made of the cheapest cotton. Certainly nothing like a good ringspun cotton shirt. I liked the Jerzees one better, in terms of feel and cut. But maybe that's just me.

As to transparent ... undyed polyester is transparent. Any areas you don't sublimate will remain that way.

Order a sample and judge for yourself :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a sample of their cotton-feel one to play with. I thought it felt like a coarse shirt made of the cheapest cotton. Certainly nothing like a good ringspun cotton shirt. I liked the Jerzees one better, in terms of feel and cut. But maybe that's just me.

As to transparent ... undyed polyester is transparent. Any areas you don't sublimate will remain that way.

Order a sample and judge for yourself :)
Thanks for the reply – I think I will give them a try.

Do you know is the Jerzees poly t-shirt you referenced is sold in the UK? I have heard in mentioned a few times as a good alternative but have never been able to find it sold in the UK.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Thanks for the reply – I think I will give them a try.

Do you know is the Jerzees poly t-shirt you referenced is sold in the UK? I have heard in mentioned a few times as a good alternative but have never been able to find it sold in the UK.
Sorry, I've no idea what is available outside of USA. Here, at least, the model number is Jerzees 21M. It is 5.3 oz, so is close to the same weight as the Vapor Basics, which is 5.9 oz. Most others I have seen are in the mid to low 4s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.